Hardcore FPS Drop that lasts 2-7min

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JudgementPanties

01-02-2013

OK I've been playing LoL for about 2 years now. never had any issues with fps drops at all. Ever since about mid December maybe a bit before that i have had hardcore fps drops for 3-7 min sometimes longer.

i normally sit around 30-35 fps. when the fps drops happen i go down to 4fps immediately.

the rest of my internet works fine. i do run Lolreplay and skype in the background but i have closed both of those programs with no regain of fps. i have used my task manager to set priority to different settings and no changes occurs either. my internet connection isn't at fault here as i run SC2 fine for hours, as well as SWTOR and DDO.

so i think this is either a server issue (wether thats on my isp fault or riots i haven't a clue.)

but until i no longer have the fps drops i cannot play normal/ranked games. i can't even play arams anymore. so until something is found out that can fix this issue i will not be buying anymore riot points or playing any more games other than a bot game for my win of the day.

if anyone has a fix for this or knows whats going on plz post. ty for your time.

TLDR : I drop down to 4fps random for long periods of time in game.

Flyingbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Frame rate isn't a server or internet issue... it's your computer under a performance strain.

JudgementPanties

01-02-2013

but it works fine half the time. i've closed everything but league and still have the fps issue.

Sol Slinger

01-02-2013

This could be caused by ongoing lag issues on the servers. It seems like your FPS drops but in reality the lag is so high that it only appears that way. For example my computer, with a GTX670, sits at 60 fps constantly. With this issue I was reading 1 fps and full bars of ping. Did you happen to check your ping bar at the top right as this was going on?

JudgementPanties

01-02-2013

ping sits around 80-83. my normal ping is 81

JudgementPanties

01-03-2013

bump for answers

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-03-2013

Hi Judge,

Try starting with this guide, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=24115467

If you're still having issues, please attach your DxDiag report.

JudgementPanties

01-03-2013

ok, i tried the game booster but that didn't work. in fact it made my computer freeze. i updated the card but now i can't get to the loading screen for league at all it lets me get into the lobby pick a champ and then when it goes to the load screen it just stays black. i waited for 5 mins to see if anything would happen but nothing did. so i'm attachin the DX report.

JudgementPanties

01-03-2013

also now i cant even play my others games without getting blue screened now. it has to do a memory dump and the restarts my pc anytime i try and open SC2 or SWTOR.

JudgementPanties

01-03-2013

update : system restored to pre game bosster instal so i'm back at square 1

edit : 2 reinstalled game booster without the nvdia upgrade and it seems to work. going to test further.