Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Way to Shake up the meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryconn

01-02-2013

Fair Warning before reading, i have personally done some testing in custom games with the idea and so far everything stacks and works as intended as of right now!

Currently there have been a lot of late game teams that give up early game pressure but can get out of control late game, (I.E. protect the Vayne/Kogmaw comps) and because a lot of pros have done this in tournaments it has caused a resurgence of such comps being copied into solo que and taken as the "norm"

Well i have had a giant brain storm about this and have been wondering what could be fun and still have a good chance of beating the current meta

So this is what i came up with, top lane Nidalee, mid lane AP Master YI, bot lane Nunu and Sivir with Warwick in the jungle

As for summoners most of the champs should have a teleport if not all of them

And now comes the fun part, everyone takes the +5% damage to towers and prepare to watch fireworks fly!

now everyone should start the game like normal (if you find it possible to do a 5 man teleport gank *i.e. low elo* go for it) and have everyone lane like normal untill about lvl 3/4, as soon as WW completes his jungle route he should rush to a lane and use his attack speed buff to help take the tower as fast as possible

Now if possible bot lane should be the easiest to do this with since you will have both the Nunu and the WW attack speed buff

Once your team gets lvl 6 the real magic can happen, have someone get a banner of command and have the promoted minion go to either top or bot (the reason why will be apperant in a moment) and push the lane with your team that does NOT have the promote minion in it

If you make it to the tower and the entire team isn't there try to push it as quick as possible, if the entire enemy team does respond then thats fantastic, everyone pop teleport and push the opposing lane that had the promote minion already pushing it

with the attack speed buffs and the ults of Sivir and Yi you should be able to melt almost all of the tier 2 towers and be close to taking out the tier 3 towers if you push hard enough

Not to mention this will finally give everyone a chance to buy the captian tier 3 boot enchantments

Also it should be said that the team fight for this comp will be kinda weak and mostly split pushing and taking objectives as quickly possible should be the main objective of this comp

I would love to hear what everyone has to say about this and if anyone has any suggestions that would be nice

adc

01-02-2013

So then they have some anti-push comp of some sort, wave clear bot lane (Caitlyn would be better for pushing than Sivir, by the way - Cait/Nunu is played quite often at high levels), and you fall off late game.

I imagine this tactic (it's not a new "meta", it's a tactic - the meta refers to sending an APC mid, an ADC bot with support, a jungler, and generally a top lane bruiser) has been tried before. I would be willing to bet a sufficiently skilled team would deal with it easily, just like any other tactics. Could it work? Possibly. Will it crush the game and become the new "thing" to do? Probably not, since it would've done that already if it were going to.

Ryconn

01-02-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
So then they have some anti-push comp of some sort, wave clear bot lane (Caitlyn would be better for pushing than Sivir, by the way - Cait/Nunu is played quite often at high levels), and you fall off late game.

I imagine this tactic (it's not a new "meta", it's a tactic - the meta refers to sending an APC mid, an ADC bot with support, a jungler, and generally a top lane bruiser) has been tried before. I would be willing to bet a sufficiently skilled team would deal with it easily, just like any other tactics. Could it work? Possibly. Will it crush the game and become the new "thing" to do? Probably not, since it would've done that already if it were going to.

ok your right, should have put tactic instead of meta and im not intending this to be entirely game changing and im aware it can be countered really hard, just seems like it would be a lot of fun with the current state of the game

Ryconn

01-02-2013

bump

Míley Dyrus

01-02-2013

Actually, team comps built on relentlessly pushing are what gave TPA the s2 victory over M5.
The idea is incredibly strong, except is isn't really executed the way you describe it. Sending your entire team to one position on the map with teleport not only removes their ignite, which makes towerdives a bit dangerous, but put the other team in a position to counter-push. Let's say you send your entire team to bot lane to take a turret. Two champions bot at level 6 can pretty easily hold off a lane long enough for the enemy top lane and jungler to take your undefended turret without the need of sacrificing a summoner spell, xp, or cs.

C4NT Brick

01-02-2013

Mix up the meta with2 mid. Good top and bot lane choices mean they both get a lot of xp, with the mid spliting the xp (since it gets the most) and pushing the hardest since its the most direct path to the nexus. Just need a mobile jungler with teleport.

Would love to try it out some time.

adc

01-02-2013

Quote:
C4NT Brick:
Mix up the meta with2 mid. Good top and bot lane choices mean they both get a lot of xp, with the mid spliting the xp (since it gets the most) and pushing the hardest since its the most direct path to the nexus. Just need a mobile jungler with teleport.

Would love to try it out some time.

Mid lane doesn't get the most exp. It just gets the exp about 15 seconds faster.

On top of that, not many heroes can hold a 1v2, and mid lane is easily gankable if you're pushing really hard.

Ryconn

01-02-2013

well as for the execution of this plan, its not set in stone, just a lttle somthing that came to me while i was working today, not all members have to teleport but im just seeing it in my head as the entire other team comes to stop your push and suddenly yall are gone, and you took top tier 1 and 2 before they can even get up to you lol

skwerel

01-02-2013

This sounds alot like the triple teleport - promote strategy that CLG ran during Game 1 of the Semi-finals against Curse during the NA Regionals last year. They sent Sivir and Sona mid with a promote and pushed down mid tower super early, then just split-pushed all over the map.