Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would it only increase trolling...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

01-02-2013

Well, if this is ranked then you should be playing the meta. There is a reason why it is the meta.

The 1011

01-02-2013

So I have an idea, different way to go about Champion Selection. If The team captain Choose the team and who played what in the game, it would be a matter of adding more to the summoner profile. instead of riot forcing people to play a certain way or forcing a meta upon players. within the profile you would choose what you play and main, for example if i like to main midi would have 3-4 champs that I play, and 1-2 champs i play bot/support/adc/apc, top, jungle. and the captain would have an option to break the meta. with in all of this the captain would choose the ban like usual then instead just choosing who plays what and where it would be like dodge ball in gym class( the captain would choose who is one their team). more weight and blame on the captain more risk =more reward type thing also maybe a game requirement for being a captain.

instead of veto i think just having a Mulligan a day that doesn't count again ranking would be nice.

Also another idea Champion Rankings why not have a champion ranking see who is the best at playing a champion based on minion kills, wins, tower kills, and assists?

adc

01-02-2013

Quote:
The 1011:
So I have an idea, different way to go about Champion Selection. If The team captain Choose the team and who played what in the game, it would be a matter of adding more to the summoner profile. instead of riot forcing people to play a certain way or forcing a meta upon players. within the profile you would choose what you play and main, for example if i like to main midi would have 3-4 champs that I play, and 1-2 champs i play bot/support/adc/apc, top, jungle. and the captain would have an option to break the meta. with in all of this the captain would choose the ban like usual then instead just choosing who plays what and where it would be like dodge ball in gym class( the captain would choose who is one their team). more weight and blame on the captain more risk =more reward type thing also maybe a game requirement for being a captain.

instead of veto i think just having a Mulligan a day that doesn't count again ranking would be nice.

Ok, say I'm a giant troll. I go into ranked, and get captain. I pick Vi, Sejuani, Heimerdinger, Volibear, Zil'ean.

What now?

The 1011

01-02-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
Ok, say I'm a giant troll. I go into ranked, and get captain. I pick Vi, Sejuani, Heimerdinger, Volibear, Zil'ean.

What now?

People do that in ranked anyways? I'm just saying this could be a different way of playing ranked solo/duo queue
Also I Then I would Counter troll with Team Tank Gragas, Garen, Mordekaiser, Yorick, Jayce.

*First you would have to find 10 people including the Captains that have all of these champions and also this is hypothetically speaking that I don't pick volibear before you do or you I don't ban any of these champions, one other note this wouldn't keep players from not playing in different lanes or Jungling, trolling, ect.

If you as captain can see all profiles of mains and secondaries to then make your bans would that change the bans, this would fix the oh I'm first pick I want what ever. maybe you could have the preference of not playing jungle or not playing as mid.

you still only know what you know who do you think is the Jungler, or is there a jungler? top lane bot lane? This is all on the captain, the strategy. the picking of the bans, the counter picking. if you pick someone for a lane with a champion they like to play they are less likely to dodge and if they is a less of a penalty for losing as a non-captain would you be more adapt to try a different meta?