3v3 Ideology Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCrowdPleaser

01-02-2013

Post your ideas for what makes a consistent and successful 3's team, be it champions, strategies, items, tactics etc. This thread is designed for discussions of ranked, unranked, or solo queue in Twisted Treeline. If you discuss ranked strategy remember to list the elo range that your ideas apply to.

Sam

01-02-2013

Jarvan Top.

Shyvana Jungle.

Rumble Bot.

TheCrowdPleaser

01-02-2013

My friends and I have been running Garen, Heimerdinger, and Ryze. Garen is a bully all game and Ryze gets fairly tanky. As heimer I build glass cannon and get Wooglet's to become pseudo-tanky. Give us some tips, we are still just testing out strategies and there is always room for improvement.

scazzaf

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Jarvan Top.

Shyvana Jungle.

Rumble Bot.
Rumble anywhere is gg, even jungle.

TheCrowdPleaser

01-02-2013

Do you think it is better for each individual on a team to focus on his own farming, fighting, and safety/positioning, or should the entire team work together. I have always been confused by this in 3's as the team members are so much closer together and able to group up quickly, as opposed to a 5's game where teamwork is slower early game and less effective with the resources spread out so heavily. A team can accomplish more as individuals as far as farming is concerned; however, together a team can conquer objectives (meaning things that cause progress like pushing lanes, ganking, taking towers, and cap'ing alters) more easily than as individuals. Teams together as a whole also get "caught out" less easily.

scazzaf

01-02-2013

Unlike 5s, 3s has no set strategy where doing x or y is always the right thing to do. Some comps have strats that are more focused on zoning and letting their lanes push to their tower to get a large farm advantage, some comps want to push out lanes to roam and counterjungle. One of the strongest strategies back when the map launched was to get your entire team to roam as a pack for the entire game. Clear top -> clear jungle -> clear bot -> fight at their altar or counterjungle -> rotate back to top and repeat. Be creative folks, part of building a team comp is building a strategy with those champions.

TheCrowdPleaser

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Jarvan Top.

Shyvana Jungle.

Rumble Bot.
I looked at your epic list of 3v3 tiers you made, it will prove very useful. I was curious as how Olaf or Evelynn are useful to the team and what role they play. I am not disagreeing, I just have not seen them used much and never think to use them.