Vi Vs. Lee Sin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bryan Silva

01-02-2013

I'm not an expert at this but I just thought i'd gather everyone's opinions.

From playing a few games top as Lee, (and losing ) I can't really see why he's listed as her counter on a few websites.

Lee sin can trade in short bursts must better- Jump in, punch the ground, and jump out, but vi can trade better even if she's underfed a few levels after 6.

Her kit seems really similar to Lee sin's too- an AOE waveclear (it's stronger than his in two bursts!) a gapcloser Q, and a very similar ultimate. The only difference for me is the passive's and both of their W abilities.

Vi's W is Denting blows, which deals a percentage damage every third strike and reduces armor.

Lee Sin's is his shield/ lifesteal ability, which is unique in it's own respects. The only problem here is that the shield on this ability is a crummy version of Vi's passive.

It seems like vi's kit is better and has a higher output overall if she manages to land all of her abilities.

What are your guys thoughts on the trades between these two, how they square up against each other, and so on?

Peligrad

01-02-2013

Lee is head and shoulders way way way way way way better than Vi.

Lee has 2 teleports for mobility, a shield for himself and ally, better AD ratios, more range, free execute, free AS and MS slows, free AS self buff, knockback/up, 2 reveals, free life steal, free spell vamp, and is manaless/energy user (who gets tons of free energy too).

Lee is IMO the second most over powered champion in the game...second only to Amumu.

Vi isn't even on the radar for OP. Maybe low tier 2 but likely tier 3...

Keitterman

01-02-2013

The only thing i can confirm about this is that Vi can turtle and poke when available without getting much CS, and just making sure she doesn't die, post lvl 6 she'll still be pretty good, where as Lee probably won't with the same tactic

Bryan Silva

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
Lee is head and shoulders way way way way way way better than Vi.

Lee has 2 teleports for mobility, a shield for himself and ally, better AD ratios, more range, free execute, free AS and MS slows, free AS self buff, knockback/up, 2 reveals, free life steal, free spell vamp, and is manaless/energy user (who gets tons of free energy too).

Lee is IMO the second most over powered champion in the game...second only to Amumu.

Vi isn't even on the radar for OP. Maybe low tier 2 but likely tier 3...
Never said she was op :/

Vi actually has better scaling on almost all if not all of her abilities too. Lee sin's ultimate does kick your face in more than vi's, but hers provides more utility and range then lee sin's in my opinion. Vi can also get a free attack speed buff, she just needs to proc denting blows a third time (which isn't that difficult considering most of her spells also proc it.)

Lee can win with careful play, but lategame, I still think vi will out-trade lee sin because she scales better, if they are equally fed.

Lee sin DOES have a ton more mobility then her though, which he will have to use to win trades.

Peligrad

01-02-2013

It sounds like your mind is already made up...but truthfully...Lee is way better than Vi.

You can play whatever you want...but lets just state some facts here...

Lee was played heavily in last tourny... and he did really well both top and jungle...a good sign he is strong. Vi wasn't out yet in last tourny so no data.

Lee has a %played of 40%
Vi is sitting at 5-7%
(Given Lee plays 2 roles to Vi's 1)

Lee's win rate it 50-55%+ in every format, at all ELOs.
Vi's win rate is 40-45% in every format, at every ELO.

So...its not really hard to figure out which is a better champion...

Very very very very few champions can contribute and make plays the way Lee can...

Jesus the Friend

01-02-2013

Lee Sin needs nerfs.

There's your problem.

Drekor

01-02-2013

Lee is a better champ.

If Vi can stay relevant until late game she'll surpass him but Lee destroys her in lane so staying relevant is going to be a challenge.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-02-2013

vi can beat lee if she counterbuilds. But you might not like the end result when the lategame comes

Ferr3t

01-02-2013

I have yet to play Vi against Lee Sin, but I can imagine it, and much as I love Vi I think Lee Sin wins. Vi's claim to power is her ability to push the hell out of a lane, where Lee Sin has a much better natural attack speed buff that, while it doesn't let him clear waves with the most efficiency, does let him farm under turret really effectively, and his ability to jump on someone makes any gank that isn't completely avoided pretty much an instant kill. Now, I don't think Vi would necessarily -lose- lane, but it would be fairly even at best.

Libiki

03-13-2013

leesin is way better because as a jungler he can both gank and support