Teammate leaves and I suffer elo from it. What is the point?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LostProtocol

01-02-2013

I work really hard in league to try to win and gain elo but I have to lose it because someone else left on me team? If elo is used to show your skill in a team then why are you punished for a leaver? I wan't some kind of explanation to why this is a good idea. I love ranked and I want a good elo and so do a lot of people so why does riot punish the team if someone left?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aureline

01-02-2013

ELO was developed as a way to measure individual skill in individual games. I believe it started in chess. When ELO is applied to such a heavily team-based game as League of Legends, it does indeed raise questions like this.

If someone leaves a game, and you lose the game as a result, I don't think that's Riot actively punishing you. It's you losing a game. The person who left, whether for technical issues, rage, or personal issues, caused that. What's the proposed solution? If someone leaves your game, your team doesn't lose any ELO from the loss? Disconnected players would become the new meta.

You can report the leaver. If they're leaving from rage, that'll build up over time and will be brought to the Tribunal's attention.