Karma build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mattafack

01-01-2013

Just recently bought karma, and she's pretty fun, and an interesting champion. I know she can do craploads of damage, and I know how to fight with her. It's just when I look up builds on mobafire or solomid and follow them (maybe some alternate items depending on how the game goes), but they don't seem to.... well, work. I'm not getting much damage out, and I usually just farm and get fed through that. Anyone who mains or plays karma a lot that can tell me their build so I have something to test out?

Cnoized

01-02-2013

Well your going to be searching for quite a while if you want to find someone who mains Karma. Not a very popular champ right now. Build her AP she scales best with that. I have a friend who likes to play Karma support, but it only works sometimes. Also she is likely getting a remake soon so don't get too attached to her kit. It might change soon.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Edit: Play her as an AP mid but try to play as a bruiser support. Your skills work best of bruisers/ tanks (% heal, speed boost+slow, shield that damages). The other option would to play her with a poke comp+1 bruiser. I like to think of her as Lulu with more damage instead of hard cc.

EzrealPro1

01-03-2013

Karma is one of my main Mid champions. I usually to Magic Pen. Boots, RoA, Rylai's, Rabadon and then a random AP item depending on a enemy team. Deathfire is also a good option, and Zhonya's works well too. BTW I also max E first cause it is a shield that deals tons of DMG with Mantra. 2nd max Q and last W. But all depends on your play style.

Nexialist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

It depends on the role. I've found myself building AP support. I basically get all the new active items. My build looks something like:

CDR boots

Twin Shadows (active is great for her, gives AP, movespeed, mr, all good on her)

Shard of True Ice (mana regen is needed, the gp10 is awesome, and the active is great. Throw your W on your tank and then when he initiates throw this on him)

Ruby Sightone (wards, obviously)

Runic Bulwark (good aura tanky item)

Shuryela's Reverie (regens are nice, active is fantastic)

Mind you this is a support build. For an AP build I would go standard AP, with a focus on CDR and mana. Something like:

Sorc Boots
Deathcap
Void Staff
Athene's Unholy Grail

Those 4 are core. The rest is up to you, depending on what you need, but good items are:

Will of the Ancients
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Abyssal Scepter
Zhonya's Hourglass
Rod of Ages
Morellonomicon
Liandry's Torment
Twin Shadows

DFG is not good on her because she does sustained damage over time. DFG is for a large burst of magic damage over a short period.

Sindustry

Adjudicator

01-03-2013

I only play her on 3s and dominion, this is my build:

Boots:
Sorc Boots: Maxes mpen with BFT
Merc Treads: Tenacity/MR
Swift Boots: The anti-slow is really underestimated.

Main Items:
Morellonomicon (CDR, AP, Mana-Regen, GREIVIOUS WOUNDS!)
BlackFireTorch (CDR, AP, Magic-Pen, DOT based on nme max HP, small health boost for passive)
Rylais (Health for passive, slow, AP)

Explain: Karma needs CDR. Plain and simple. Without her ult stacks she's as worthless as everyone assumes her to be.
Only being able to get 2 stacked spells down in a fight is a huge disadvantage and having the full CDR puts you at somewhere in the 12-14 seconds for each stack. That means you can at least get off 3 in a team fight and much more with kiting. It's preferable to kite/chase with her vs a knock down drag out fight.

Situational
VS Magic-Damage: Abyssal Scepter
VS Physical-Damage: Zhonyas
VS Magic-Resist: Void Staff
VS Armor: pfft.

REDREX7

01-03-2013

For mid karma i suggest getting
Ionian boots
Morellonomican- not that much gold and can get it fast and with ionian you have 39% cd at 15-20 min
Rod of Ages- she needs some hp
Zhonyas-
Deathcap- you get more from your passive
last item no idea

Mattafack

01-03-2013

Thanks for all the answers guys. I'll try these as soon as I can.

Cenerae

01-03-2013

Karma wants CDR, AP and tankiness. In roughly that priority order. More CDR gives you mantra charges quicker. The AP is fairly obvious. The tankiness offsets her short range and lets you get in to use your Q and W more safely. The actual items you'll want will vary from game to game, but you always want a deathcap in your build somewhere, as the bonus % AP also applies to what you're getting from her passive. Which can be quite a lot of extra AP when you're low health.

Have fun playing the queen of baits.

Hasuobs

01-03-2013

My personal build is:
Boots+3 pots> Doran's Ring> Chalice> Sorc. Shoes> Rabadons> Athene's> Blasting Wand> Abyssal Scepter> Rylai's> GA.