bring force of nature back into the game

yes 51 64.56%
no 28 35.44%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

why did riot remove force of nature?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TreemeisterLOL

12-30-2012

Force of nature was one of my go-to items on champs like Cho'Gath and Singed, since it supplied movement speed, regen and MR. With the removal of this item, I don't think riot has replaced it with anything. All of the other items for MR are far less significant than force of nature. I think riot should bring this item back since it was so useful on tanks. I do not understand why armor items such as Thornmail, Randuins Omen and Frozen Heart were not removed, but the best magic resistance item was.

ManSue

12-30-2012

It is sad, but it was just too much of a no brainer item. Like S2 warmogs. Health was able to be nerfed and still be usable, but if FoN was nerfed it would be outclassed by other MR items with the ms, regen, and mr being nerfed....It was simply too good. Abyssal would be a decent item for both those champs and I love banshee's Veil on singed. But I feel your pain, MR items are just too effective.

ChiSqrd

12-30-2012

So much MR! The Spirit Visage is the new Force of Nature now. Gives the largest chunk of MR and the CDR and passive is nice.

XIII Phoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Once you had a good amount of HP it gave too much tankiness against AP's. You can still do with other MR items to get the resistance you need but 76 MR was way too much consider the nerf to resistances in general. The only thing I miss is a movespeed tanky item for singed and mundo.

Hateloving

12-30-2012

wish they would bring it back i really loved it for malphite made me able to absorb alot more dmg now i cant find a good replacement.

heck 65 mr and even less health regen would be oaky the speed boost is the nicest part :P

ChiSqrd

12-30-2012

Force of Nature was just an absurdly strong item and made tanks that much harder to kill.

ManSue

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
Force of Nature was just an absurdly strong item and made tanks that much harder to kill.
Ha...it made everyone harder to kill...

Another thing to think about when you see all the armor items and compare them to MR, there are more, along with them being more versatile. BUT, in the current meta, there are usually more AD threats than AP. Even without including autos, there are usually one more ad champ than ap.

Still not ok with how squishy you are? Build health! There are new and improved health items that will make tanking a bit different in S3.

XCodes

12-31-2012

Force of Nature was basically cut in half and it's effects split between Spirit Visage and Warmog's, with the MS bonus just getting dropped. It's really that last point that I don't like, I think there should be a tanky item with a MS bonus since tanks generally need it to do their job of peeling, but a single item with more than 50 MR really shouldn't be in the S3 metagame. S3 is shaping up to be anti-tanky DPS in that Penetration is a solid counter to champs that just stack defense.

Legernium

01-01-2013

So when I build Warmogs spirit, frozen mallet, sunfire, mercurys treads, and maw (as shen) A mid to late game not too fed akali can make me disappear like a magic trick?

Removing FoN just makes any heavy AP god mode. Stupid

67chrome

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legernium View Post
Removing FoN just makes any heavy AP god mode. Stupid
Not really. I've been able to drain-tank champions like Akali and Katarina with Maw+Wits+Merc Treads, which is a cheap enough build I can complete it in Dominion. I mean, if you want to focus on anything besides pure MR there are plenty of options available to fit in any build. You just have to get 2-3 MR items to counter AP now, rather than 1.

The problem with FoN is more the other way around - if you picked it up on any bruiser or tank you were pretty much god mode as far as AP champions were concerned - especially if the AP in question was burst-heavy (which is pretty much always).

I mean, consider how AP scales. You mostly just have AP, which only really stacks with AP. CDR doesn't help much if you're burst-heavy because you dump your load at once, and Magic Penetration wasn't available in enough items to really be considered an additional multiplyer. With AD you have attack speed and critical strikes - and CDR and Armor Penetration help as well (and armor penetration was available enough to really count - season 2 Black Cleaver offered up to 45, and you could get 25 with runes). Hence armor being available in massive chunks, were magic resistance is not.