[Suggestion] Learning Tool / Enemy and Team Info in Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lasac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

I introduced League of Legends to a friend recently. He wished there was some way to see a basic description of characters abilities for the enemies he was fighting without having to alt+tab and read it online mid match.

Learning how to fight against champions and learning what champions do is part of the game, but maybe the learning curve could be eased up a little by some how allowing you to click on a champion (enemy or friendly) and get that information.

Maybe they could have their ability icons (NO INDICATOR FOR HOW MANY POINTS THEY HAVE PUT IN an ability just an icon) that you can hover over and read the tool tip on. For a learning player, it could provide some quick information to be able to try know how to be more cautious or what to expect.

In game now, when you hit 'C' it pulls up your characters stats, lore, and some tips.
If you could open that in game to see your allies and enemies as well as abilities would also be another way to help out learning players.

It would help ease the burden of knowledge, part of why my friend could never get into original Dota.

Lasac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

I am wondering if:

-no one agrees that this could be helpful to learning players
or
-my suggestion is unclear

I do not know how hard that would be to implement tool tips on Enemy status for abilities, could a Red or someone clarify on that?

Ebertine

12-20-2012

I don't know if this helps, but in the "Death Recap" bar it lists what champion's attacks were used. how much damage it did to you, and what the abilities do. Of course this is only available when you're dead so...

better than nothing I guess.

I don't know how involved it would be for an on hand mini database containing all of the abilities' info of the currently playing champions in a match. That is A LOT of reading though. It might disrupt the pacing of a match. Though maybe not. I don't know.

mybayarea

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasac View Post
I introduced League of Legends to a friend recently. He wished there was some way to see a basic description of characters abilities for the enemies he was fighting without having to alt+tab and read it online mid match.

Learning how to fight against champions and learning what champions do is part of the game, but maybe the learning curve could be eased up a little by some how allowing you to click on a champion (enemy or friendly) and get that information.

Maybe they could have their ability icons (NO INDICATOR FOR HOW MANY POINTS THEY HAVE PUT IN an ability just an icon) that you can hover over and read the tool tip on. For a learning player, it could provide some quick information to be able to try know how to be more cautious or what to expect.

In game now, when you hit 'C' it pulls up your characters stats, lore, and some tips.
If you could open that in game to see your allies and enemies as well as abilities would also be another way to help out learning players.

It would help ease the burden of knowledge, part of why my friend could never get into original Dota.
there are tools you can use on your phone, I use mine when I'm waiting for it to load