Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

rengar current state

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Diana NA

01-02-2013

hey guys to those who have played rengar on the PTR

are his buffs enough?
is he now viable?

he just seems really weak on live and his buffs next patch seem to be pretty lackluster
just want to get your thoughts on him from somebody who has played him

thanks!!

IonDragonX

01-02-2013

He's doing much better in the jungle. The extra second on his Q is actually a good buff. His new healing on his W is very good yet removes the abuse of stacking high health. His R lasts longer, which is a good buff for ganking.

KillerShadow46

01-02-2013

I really hope his top lane improved too i miss my strong rengar :3

Best Diana NA

01-03-2013

Quote:
IonDragonX:
He's doing much better in the jungle. The extra second on his Q is actually a good buff. His new healing on his W is very good yet removes the abuse of stacking high health. His R lasts longer, which is a good buff for ganking.

does his R actually last longer? i read that in the notes R was reduced to 1 seconds from 1.25 seconds ( time to actually go into stealth)

Discpled

01-03-2013

Quote:
roids:
does his R actually last longer? i read that in the notes R was reduced to 1 seconds from 1.25 seconds ( time to actually go into stealth)

That, plus the duration was increased to 8 seconds. I've played him on the PBE... 8 seconds is freaking awesome.

IonDragonX

01-03-2013

Quote:
roids:

Yes, it currently lasts longer. It may be a bug. (I pray it isn't)

Quote:
IonDragonX:
His new healing on his W is very good yet removes the abuse of stacking high health.

I was sorta wrong about this. His healing is actually better than the 10% was if you Don't stack health. If you do stack health, the healing is about the same. It may never reach live with 40 + 20/lvl

KnifeLion

01-03-2013

I play Rengar a good bit in live with decent success. Lately I've been building pure damage on him so these buffs are going to be awesome stuff.

Edit: also is the ult buff a little op? Launch Rengar had 7 seconds on the ult and that felt great for ganks. I could see 8 getting nerfed down again

Zair Umbras

01-03-2013

Rengar uses his ulti to initiate ganks, to nerf his ulti is nerfing his jungle phase. In lane, his ulti is used to get a nice chunk of health off or used as an escape if his face is being smacked around. Extra time on his ulti won't make him OP or anything since it takes 3 seconds while getting his face beaten in to even enter the damn stealth, lol. People who have issues with his stealth being a little long can always just use a pink ward, they tend to be loved considering Eve is quite popular as of this moment if she isn't banned.

Moobeat

01-03-2013

Quote:
Discpled:
That, plus the duration was increased to 8 seconds. I've played him on the PBE... 8 seconds is freaking awesome.

It got lowered to 7 seconds this patch.

Servantofthe99

01-03-2013

3s delay still...yes i'm counting it 3s because later in the game who in the world wouldn't keep attacking you if you're low?? (basically can't really use it as a reliable escape anymore, especially late game where 3s is enough to get you killed. seems more just initiating now). still bad. plus the new jungle creeps are getting buffed so that combined with his now nerfed W is still bad.

long cd utility only ult with the delay still...no thanks. i used to love playing him jungle and top.