Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Matchmaking needs a fix because the players won't change.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Light M37

01-02-2013

I can't express how annoying it is to have this problem constantly, even in draft of all places where you have much more time to discuss "who goes where".

The problem is that many players refuse to be a team player and break up the team when he/she can't get the lane he/she wanted. That refusal to adapt or dodge then creates a domino effect on the team itself such as:

An ADC that needs a support is solo and must be baby sat by the jungler who can't level fast enough to keep up with the enemy jungler, because top lane has 2 champs, one being a great support tank, because one refused to help bot for no logical reason. So the top is at a standstill till they get ganked, because Top champs can hold out in a 2v1, mid is getting ganked hard because their under-payed jungler is needed to camp bot but can't take too much of the ADC's CS. So in the end it just becomes a game not even worth playing.

Some players don't understand that this is why we have a meta, because the vast majority couldn't possible think of a well-planned effective strategy in between the time of champion selection and the final countdown before the beginning of a match.

*So, here's my honest opinion on this, players that refuse to play any other lane need to have their own special selection that allows them to choose what lane they want to play in, or learn how to play other lanes! Is it really that difficult try to play a lane that your team needs rather than a lane that you want?

I truly enjoy playing this game and try to be friendly to my fellow player, but when it comes to constantly running into players that only play for themselves as if there's no team, I honestly tell them to uninstall and go back to CoD Team Deathmatch, because they obviously can't handle a team-based game that's meant to be fun like this one.

*When referring to lanes, I'm also including jungle as a lane.

ChampAtog

01-02-2013

Here's the problem, really. The League of Legends community is, by and large, sub-par. This isn't universally true, but it's extremely difficult to get in a game without at least one bad seed on each team. This leads me to believe that there is a minimum 20% of the community that will not be contributing to games no matter what Riot does. With regards to what Riot does about the problem, they wash their hands of responsibility for the issue by delegating regulation of the community to the Tribunal, where all of the problems with the community go to click "punish" over and over again without reading any of the content in order to get a bit of free IP since they can't win games. Meanwhile Riot implements the nice placebo, the Honor system, where telling the opponent you honored them gets you 5 honor a game and leads to most of the community having the honorable opponent ribbon, while simultaneously trolling the hell out of their teammates because their opponents will never know. It's a sham, Riot doesn't want to deal with the community, and I'm convinced they've given up on us, not that it bothers me one bit, I don't blame them.

CholericLurch

01-02-2013

Reasons im starting to hate this game

Mitobrut

01-02-2013

You and me CR - I notice tonight I would rather fossick around in the forums than actually play the game.
I have lost my last 4 normal solo Q's, not ranked. The abuse I have copped is why I am here and not playing. I spent hours today watching Dyrus' guide to Darius. I came in here looking for tips also.

What I see most in here is the same ignorant jerks moaning and complaining about how everyone else in the game is useless and it is costing them elo/enjoyment or whatever. They complain because riot matches players like me with 101 wins into a team who have 300-400-250-450 wins. Like I think its a great stinking idea????? I don't want to play that far out of my depth. Then I get reported for trolling when I am trying my hardest with what little knowledge and experience I got by people I outplayed in my team???

I was advised by several ranked season 2 players to try Darius- So I come in here and see abusive threads about punks who play darius being useless written by a punk who plays darius...go figure

It will be a long time before riot gets a cent out of me if ever- I simply won't pay to be abused. In fact - back to battlefield just now for me. Finger poised over the uninstall button.

Its a shame because I quite like the game, I will try to find some friendlier players to add and try to restrict my games to being with them. I know they exist. But with the current environment, no money from me.

Shadow Light M37

01-02-2013

Quote:
Mitobrut:
In fact - back to battlefield just now for me. Finger poised over the uninstall button.

Great game right there with a great community.(at least in multiplayer)

OlGrizz

01-02-2013

You guys can add me in game if you want, me and my friends play for fun and we have fun not matter what the outcome of the game. We are not looking to be famous or jump on any teams, we just want to have a good time. So if you want to enjoy your evenings and have a little laugh about it then feel free to add me. I am not a bad player but I am not the best.

ChampAtog

01-02-2013

Likewise, I'm down to play with anyone who won't whine and cry about a loss, feel free to add me as well.

SomeCallMeEd

01-02-2013

Yeah it's an issue.

Biggest problem is that people follow the meta way to closly. For instance, ever see a support vaiger? It works freakishly well even though the meta demands he go mid. Champs have limits but work arounds too!

Too many people consider their playstyle the best, and that K/D is law of the land.

It is not. Outperforming the enemy in teamfights and taking towers and inhibs is what wins matches, to heck with your K/D! In the end it's all about teamwork and effectivly shutting down the team. Meta or no meta. Just keep in mind some strats don't work too well. Like all mid. Or all jungle.

On topic though, a roll que would be nice but quene times would be very long due to many people not wanting to go support or duobottom.

The 1011

01-02-2013

Ok here is My idea I have been Trying to get it out there because the picking wars are getting old.

When you start out playing a team game in school usually there is 2 captains and they choose who is on their team. First you choose in your profile who you play and where you main position you have 5 champions and your secondaries you get up to 2-3 and the option to not play certain lanes like bot mid or jungle.
Then next concept except at the start of the banning process you would see what everyone likes to play, and ban from there then the picking process would be the same from there except the captain would pick who is on their team maybe the captain would pick someone that is willing to plays as a support, over someone that only plays top and mid.
If only certain people have certain champions in their profile how will that change the bans or even the meta? The captain would have more risk and more rewards from winning and also more penalty from losing compared to the non-captains.