Sumonner's Rift is Imbalanced

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brADyHD

01-02-2013

Dear sweet mercy, I did not spell "Summoner's" correctly, I must look like a baboon!

This is an issue that has been bothering me for a very long time now. It may seem like a small problem, but it screws me over quite a lot when I play on Summoner's Rift.

Using this picture as a reference: http://imageshack.us/a/img856/604/sumrift.png

Let's say you're Purple Team's mid-laner and you have a chance to dive the enemy for a successful kill. You Succeed in killing Blue Team's mid-laner, and easily escape along the blue path. However, when you're Blue Team's mid-laner and you dive Purple Team's mid-laner, you can't simply escape through the red path. You will get shot by the inner turret, whereas you will not get shot by the inner turret along the blue path.

Let me also put it another way. Say you fail to kill the Blue mid and their tower is firing at you. It makes sense to escape along the blue path. Now say you fail to kill Purple team's mid, you can't just escape along the red path. You'll get shot by the other turret and die.

Again, this may seem small, but it's honestly a game-breaker. Personally, I abuse this impurity. If I'm on the purple team, I am more willing to dive the enemy. If I'm on the blue team, I usually don't make risky dives seeing as how the back turret will shoot me. I've been through this a lot, and as somebody who mainly plays as mid, I hate it so much.

I hope somebody can sympathize with me.

brADyHD

01-02-2013

While we're on the topic of annoying things that break the game, let's turn to a lesser issue. Remember that patch way back when they increased the projectile speed of LeBlanc's Q? Well, they forgot to do that for her Mimic, so whenever I go to Q-R-W, my W reaches the enemy before my R (mimicing Q) hits, and it's really annoying :/

ChiSqrd

01-02-2013

Never even noticed this. That one tower shot doesn't usually matter for me.

buneter

01-02-2013

I'vwe noticed this too just never put two and two together

Aureline

01-02-2013

I think that's just a risk you take with the lane. Look at top lane.

It's much easier to dive/gank the purple top laner from the tribush just NW of baron than it would be for purple to dive/gank the blue top laner.

Also, to the thing you brought up, what's the proposed fix? Altering terrain wouldn't help. Changing specific turret range?

Looking closely at the map, though, that is a bit odd. What's different about the sides?

brADyHD

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureline View Post
I think that's just a risk you take with the lane. Look at top lane.
It's much easier to dive/gank the purple top laner from the tribush just NW of baron than it would be for purple to dive/gank the blue top laner.
Also, to the thing you brought up, what's the proposed fix? Altering terrain wouldn't help. Changing specific turret range?
Looking closely at the map, though, that is a bit odd. What's different about the sides?
The map is supposed to be symmetrical on an XY axis, top lane is not imbalanced because the enemy team faces the same problem with bottom lane. What I'm addressing is the impurity of what is supposed to be a symmetrical map.

Aureline

01-02-2013

What's the reason that this could happen, though? Something must not be symmetrical somewhere if it's happening.

unsticky

01-02-2013

I've had problems with this before as well and would really like to see this fixed.

brADyHD

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureline View Post
What's the reason that this could happen, though? Something must not be symmetrical somewhere if it's happening.
The inner purple tower is slightly closer to the path than the blue tower. I did a bit more testing, and it seems only champions with small collision boxes (Yordles who don't ride mechanical robots or pilot helicopters) can get by the purple inner turret, but that's only if the hug the wall hard, and I mean not letting auto-pathing do anything. You have to click inches in front of you to sneak by it, but that's hard to do when you're trying to back before the enemy jungler notices or you have a sliver of health that a few minion attacks will take.