elo hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crash0607

01-02-2013

My username is Crash0607. I am a solo top, and my current elo is 1053. I started ranked great, with 7 and 2. I now am 10 and 17. I literally wen ton a 10 game losing streak. I always play with my friend who plays mid. He doesn't always win lane but is an average player. I almost always win lane. I have only gone negative in ranked 2 time of my total 27 games. i usually play Wukong, Jax, or Yorick. My teams are always complete trash, and its not even like they're trolls or afk. They are just bad. I always try to call top immediately (is that the problem. And i really only play top and jungle. Any tips on why my team-mates are so trash or how i can improve myself personally would be greatly appreciated. thank youu.

SilentSir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

[QUOTE=crash0607;33072607My teams are always complete trash, and its not even like they're trolls or afk. They are just bad. I always try to call top immediately (is that the problem. And i really only play top and jungle. Any tips on why my team-mates are so trash or how i can improve myself personally would be greatly appreciated. thank youu.[/QUOTE]

that would be the problem...

So a top lane can always carry a team. You really need a super carry though. of the choices you gave, Jax would be the best hyper carry, but if you're going to go that method, the trick is to have the dumbest person on your team "Tank" for you. this will sometimes be the adc.

Secondly, "calling" a champ really means nothing. You can't stop anyone from really picking anything and occasionally teammates will pick poorly to accomodate, which is appreciated. There could be several reasons why you're losing the game, but my best suggestion is.. if you really doing amazing in lane to the point where you can hyper carry, make sure your friend carries a stun and you go hyper carry.

crash0607

01-02-2013

what are some other examples of hyper carrys that would work well? (i have a very pokey playstyle. and I try to play passively, but that can obviously change.) thank you very much by the way for giving me this advice

Pugwest

01-02-2013

For top lane carries i would recommend singed/jax/irelia

Lord Puppy Fury

01-02-2013

Mechanically, mid and jungle are positioned best to help their team in the early game due to their roaming and ganking potential.

Second, read this: http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a...es-it#comments

Stop worrying about your personal K/D/A, glory, and ego. Start looking for ways to boost your entire team. Winning your lane doesn't mean squat if you leave your two other lanes to fail. Find a way to turn your advantage into a team advantage.

Additionally, it would behoove you to pick up at least one more role. It will make you more flexible in champ select and deepen your understanding of the game by seeing how other roles work. For example, nothing teaches how important peeling is quite like trying ADC and discovering how miserable your game is when your tanks and bruisers don't peel for you. Seeing "how the other half lives" will make you a better TEAM player.

Finally, you may do better solo queuing rather than duo queuing. Unless you can count on your queue partner to carry a game at the elo you want to be at, a partner can be more of a liability than an advantage. On the flip side, though, having a duo-ed mid and jungler, on voice chat, can lead to tremendous early game control and pressure for your team.

Izzm4tic

01-02-2013

Yorick is still a pretty unstoppable champ when snowballed and has great pokes as well.

All Delete

01-02-2013

Sometimes, you just cant carry. Using myself as an example, I play Akali mid and when I do, I give top and bot lanes the lead by ganking and letting them get the kills. After all that, they still throw away the lead ending the game in a total disaster.

But in all seriousness to your post, Id advise learning mid role as well as jungle. You also want to have presence.

If your opponent gets:

Pushed out of lane from low health (as in he goes back to base)
--You can roam and help gank other lanes if possible or slow the enemy jungle. If your jungler isnt warding the enemy jungle, help him out. Ward a buff neutral and steal when possible.

Or when your enemy lane is MIA or if you know hes going to help gank
--You can follow them down to counter gank.

From a top player perspective this is alot more difficult due to position.