hello my kind summoners, I recently started to sing and play guitar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

speedball

01-08-2013

bump

Kvlt Kitty

01-08-2013

How long have you been playing?

If I can recommend anything as a guitarist, learn classical guitar technique. It will give you both the technical ability to play just about anything on guitar, and will help develop your ear.

And one more thing, DON'T USE TABS!!! Learn songs either by ear or from sheet music. Trust me, it's a pain in the ass at first, but it will make your musical pursuits much much easier, especially if you decide to pickup another instrument.

Kvlt Kitty

01-08-2013

Most importantly though, be open minded. Even if you don't like a particular style all that much, try and find a few that sound fun to play and learn them. The more diverse your repertoire, the more interesting your personal style will become.

It's sorta like LoL, even if you have your thing, you still need to understand all the other positions. Seen way too many musicians condemn multiple styles of music and they end up making bland uninspired music because they learned their technique and songwriting all from the same bag, which makes them essentially write the same thing over and over again.

speedball

01-08-2013

I didn't use tabs, I learned it by ear and I've been playing for a couple of months. I appreciate your advice

Kvlt Kitty

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalift View Post
I didn't use tabs, I learned it by ear and I've been playing for a couple of months. I appreciate your advice
Pretty good for a few months.

Learn from my mistake, learn your modes right away. It will make improvising over ideas much easier cause you can directly relate any chord to a scale (and more than just the basic major/minor)

speedball

01-08-2013

any tips on my singing?

speedball

01-10-2013

bumpity

speedball

01-14-2013

new song up, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZfBHN8dQ3Q

ThaBizness

01-14-2013

Pretty good. You look like Chozen from Karate Kid 2. I would subscribe if you promised to not have the girl in any more videos. I don't like her face and she can't sing.

speedball

03-15-2013

hello again guys. I actually wrote a song this time!
check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfvCuddaLWw