Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to deal with merc threads as Veigar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pengu8

01-01-2013

I've stumbled to a recent problem playing Veigar...
It seems that mostly all of my enemy team matches knows how to counter Veig and spend their money on merc threads early game to counter me and stop me from farming. I find that difficult to go through. They prevent me from leveling to level 6 and above, and they tend to gank me before I am able to go past 1st enemy turret. I try to stun and run, but they EASILY slip away from it before I have enough time to get away. It also tells me that I can't do much for my team, and the enemy team also stacks a whole lot of MR and Health items which really bugs me.

I also can't seem to kill even one champ due to the fact that they slip away from my Event Horizon before i can land Dark Matter and my ulti. I can damage them to half health, but not almost "dead" health. It also seems that I'm feeding them and that's probably why I lose a whole lot with Veigar.

For any Veigar players out there.... How do YOU deal with Merc threads and this situation? I'm tired of repetitively dealing with this that i'm about to waste all of my IP on Darius or some melee champ. Please. Veigar is my favorite champ I don't want to stop playing as him.

btw, is this a good strategy to take bot as Veigar for 15 minutes then come to mid and tell the person on mid to switch? I do that a lot since I can't handle mid at times and get easily overwhelmed with Veigar's longgggg cooldown.

Thank you

16 and Preggers

01-01-2013

Quote:
Pengu8:
I've stumbled to a recent problem playing Veigar...
It seems that mostly all of my enemy team matches knows how to counter Veig and spend their money on merc threads early game to counter me and stop me from farming. I find that difficult to go through. They prevent me from leveling to level 6 and above, and they tend to gank me before I am able to go past 1st enemy turret. I try to stun and run, but they EASILY slip away from it before I have enough time to get away. It also tells me that I can't do much for my team, and the enemy team also stacks a whole lot of MR and Health items which really bugs me.

I also can't seem to kill even one champ due to the fact that they slip away from my Event Horizon before i can land Dark Matter and my ulti. I can damage them to half health, but not almost "dead" health. It also seems that I'm feeding them and that's probably why I lose a whole lot with Veigar.

For any Veigar players out there.... How do YOU deal with Merc threads and this situation? I'm tired of repetitively dealing with this that i'm about to waste all of my IP on Darius or some melee champ. Please. Veigar is my favorite champ I don't want to stop playing as him.

btw, is this a good strategy to take bot as Veigar for 15 minutes then come to mid and tell the person on mid to switch? I do that a lot since I can't handle mid at times and get easily overwhelmed with Veigar's longgggg cooldown.

Thank you

As Teemo mid I have a very difficult time against V. That damn stun crushes me. Like a dummy I haven't been rolling merc treds. I will now.

Enfillyon

01-01-2013

i dont play veigar but most veigars I see who know how to play him properly cast dark matter before event horizon.

it takes a while to fall so you aim it where you want them to be stunned and drop event horizon's ring right on top of them

veigars laning phase against other mid champs is pretty painless so rotating lanes would be rather pointless unless youre trying out some cheese strategy or running a kill lane.

Fluffy1

01-02-2013

veigars early game is pretty terrible, you shouldnt need to level dark matter till level 8 when you have enough accumulated AP to make its 1:1 ap ratio worth it. your much better pointing more skill points in event horizon to negate their merc treads and give you plenty of time to escape/land your ult.

theres not much you can do vs the MR that early but their offence will be weaker aswell so you should just do what you do best early, dodge and farm as best you can, later in the game you own them.

if they buy merc treads, laugh, put another point in E and dont die

Pengu8

01-02-2013

@fluffy
awesome thanks