Who does Evelynn do well in lane against?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilasWeeds

01-01-2013

I really enjoy playing Evelynn because of her ability to roam. If I carry with Evelynn, it's usually because I get kills from roaming while being able to farm and harass mid effectively.

When I lane against Akali and Karthus, I can roam and harass effectively. I always win these lanes by a huge margin.

Other champions like Annie and Katarina pose problems. Katarina can harass and clear waves really fast without managing mana so I'm forced to stay mid and play really safe. Annie's burst is just too much and I can never harass her because of the stun and easy to land spells.

I just want to know who evelynn can lane against well. I don't necessarily mean winning my lane, but just enough so I can roam.

In theory, I'm guessing Evelynn can keep up in a lane against skillshot champions. Is this true?

Aureline

01-02-2013

Well, look at Eve's kit. Anyone who relies on slows is going to have a hard time, because of her W. Anyone who is conquered by high-mobility and being kited. So, in a word, yes to the skillshot champs.

I'd argue that Evelyn's success is more based on how early she starts to snag kills, and that she's less match-up dependent.

Shiku12

01-02-2013

eve just needs to get fed. on most mid champions you are at a slight disadvantage but if you can overcome that little bit you can go a long ways. It has been kind of hard on eve with all of the nerfs flying around but all she needs to do is grab a few early kills.

Fiveagen

Recruiter

01-02-2013

Best place that I've found for Eve is in the jungle. You can build her straight AP and the Spirit Stone build path with a Hextech Revolver is incredibly useful for sustain in the jungle plus damage. Otherwise, still build her as a burst mage (DFG, Void Staff, etc.) and she does incredibly well.

Your question is an interesting one because you ask who she's good against in lane, but then you stress the importance of not being in lane and roaming.

As far as laning matchups go, and winning your lane (because your other lanes should be able to support themselves usually, especially in solo queue), Akali should actually be a tough lane for you as Eve because a good Akali won't let you burst her down (Shroud) and she can do the same to you in a shorter amount of time. Katarina's actually a pretty easy matchup as far as 1v1 goes, as are champs like Karthus, Orianna, Ahri, and Teemo. In early game, it's incredibly easy to burst through much of their health, forcing them out of lane. And granted, when your opponent isn't in lane, you can roam then.

As far as champs that you can push out a lane against and roam, you're pretty good against any champ without a quick AoE clear. Surprisingly enough, though, Orianna is someone you can harass enough for free that, despite her quick clear, I think Eve does incredibly against.

SilasWeeds

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveagen View Post
Best place that I've found for Eve is in the jungle. You can build her straight AP and the Spirit Stone build path with a Hextech Revolver is incredibly useful for sustain in the jungle plus damage. Otherwise, still build her as a burst mage (DFG, Void Staff, etc.) and she does incredibly well.

Your question is an interesting one because you ask who she's good against in lane, but then you stress the importance of not being in lane and roaming.

As far as laning matchups go, and winning your lane (because your other lanes should be able to support themselves usually, especially in solo queue), Akali should actually be a tough lane for you as Eve because a good Akali won't let you burst her down (Shroud) and she can do the same to you in a shorter amount of time. Katarina's actually a pretty easy matchup as far as 1v1 goes, as are champs like Karthus, Orianna, Ahri, and Teemo. In early game, it's incredibly easy to burst through much of their health, forcing them out of lane. And granted, when your opponent isn't in lane, you can roam then.

As far as champs that you can push out a lane against and roam, you're pretty good against any champ without a quick AoE clear. Surprisingly enough, though, Orianna is someone you can harass enough for free that, despite her quick clear, I think Eve does incredibly against.
I was actually surprised that I always win vs Akali, but here's what I've been doing.

Pre-6, I have an easier time last hitting due to the small range on my Q. Akali needs to use her Q either to farm or harass me. If she uses it to farm, I get free harass, if she Qs me, I don't let her trigger the mark and I can still kite her.
I've also noticed that if she tries to harass back pre-6, she uses way too much energy and is forced to back off and I can roam/farm and possibly get my first kill.

After lvl 6- it's a bit trickier, but I just wait till she blows Q and E on minions. She won't have enough burst and will run out of energy.

I haven't tried playing her in the jungle yet. I just assumed she doesn't have enough sustain in season 3. I'll give it a shot in normals. I do enjoy her mid a lot though.

Quickmelty

01-02-2013

how would you even lose to katarina

you're invis unless she drops a vision ward (most don't in normals) and you can just poke her to death pre six

Fiveagen

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilasWeeds View Post
I was actually surprised that I always win vs Akali, but here's what I've been doing.

Pre-6, I have an easier time last hitting due to the small range on my Q. Akali needs to use her Q either to farm or harass me. If she uses it to farm, I get free harass, if she Qs me, I don't let her trigger the mark and I can still kite her.
I've also noticed that if she tries to harass back pre-6, she uses way too much energy and is forced to back off and I can roam/farm and possibly get my first kill.

After lvl 6- it's a bit trickier, but I just wait till she blows Q and E on minions. She won't have enough burst and will run out of energy.

I haven't tried playing her in the jungle yet. I just assumed she doesn't have enough sustain in season 3. I'll give it a shot in normals. I do enjoy her mid a lot though.
I will say that for jungling her, her sustain isn't GREAT, but I do run both AP Quints and Blues. Once that Hextech Revolver comes around her sustain's a lot better. Just like any AP jungler, really.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

I main Eve, she's good against anyone without hard CC or reliant on skill shots. Her mobility makes landing a skillshot crazy hard.

Though, shutting her down in lane is hard because she is built to push the lane and leave. This is what makes Eve viable, if she sits in lane generally she will not do well later.