Safe First Pick ADC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilasWeeds

01-02-2013

Wait, there's something I don't understand. Is Taric/Graves a particular counter pick to Ezreal? I mean, if they can do well vs Ez, in what way do other carries do better against this duo?

I never play ADC but I once supported a Sivir vs Caitlyn/Soraka. Although I find Soraka to be a very weak support, Sivir could harass caitlyn easily, shield from her ult, traps and Q and gain mana from it to get in some more harass.

ChiSqrd

01-02-2013

must have been a bad Caitlyn

WickaWicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilasWeeds View Post
Wait, there's something I don't understand. Is Taric/Graves a particular counter pick to Ezreal? I mean, if they can do well vs Ez, in what way do other carries do better against this duo?

I never play ADC but I once supported a Sivir vs Caitlyn/Soraka. Although I find Soraka to be a very weak support, Sivir could harass caitlyn easily, shield from her ult, traps and Q and gain mana from it to get in some more harass.
Its just Taric and Graves have a lot of burst potential after Taric stuns and if you don't put distance between yourself and the enemy while the stun is in the air, Taric can Ult(which has nice burst for support and increases ad and ap for himself and half that in an aura) and shatter(which reduces the enemy's armor) and Graves with his buckshot and Ult will (or nearly) kill most supports or ad carries.

Also I don't really find soraka a weak support, maybe early because the numbers just aren't there, but with some levels, her heal and the armor boost it gives will definitely turn tides.

Ballistik

01-02-2013

First pick caitlyn or draven is safe.. caitlyn can out poke any adc early game , and is hard to counter her.. and draven has just enough range and utility to play well against all adcs..

Insharai

01-02-2013

ad carry is one of the positions where you are less concerned about getting countered, that being said it isn't usually good to first-pick a carry that has a weaker early game like vayne or kogmaw. I would say cait or graves are usually pretty safe to start off with, but if you still want to grab vayne just have your support grab someone who is good at sustaining in lane and/or keeping their lane off of you like Taric/Sona/Lulu/Soraka.

LeagueOfLeaguez

01-02-2013

Safety for Caitlyn..... long range, the trap and that net is great
Ezreal has that built-in escape
Graves... meh ok i guess if ur support is aggressive
Vayne i dont recommend unless u can position well
Varus - just no in my opinion
Draven - Meh. idk i havent played draven
Ashe- okay i guess, that arrow
Corki - passive makes it easier to farm early(10% of ur total AD to true dmg), he has an escape and the damage - very nice

Hellacopters

01-02-2013

to be honest if their botlane has two armor skills it's a good idea to long sword 2 pot into brutalizer normal build. you can also run 3 or more arpen runes. corki sona/lulu is a extremely huge counter to graves taric.

however ezreal or mf with a brutalizer will make short work of graves taric too. a good idea is to poke and poke hard all the time and know when you can kill them both through their armor and their burst. gl.

Hellacopters

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagueOfLeaguez View Post
Safety for Caitlyn..... long range, the trap and that net is great
Ezreal has that built-in escape
Graves... meh ok i guess if ur support is aggressive
Vayne i dont recommend unless u can position well
Varus - just no in my opinion
Draven - Meh. idk i havent played draven
Ashe- okay i guess, that arrow
Corki - passive makes it easier to farm early(10% of ur total AD to true dmg), he has an escape and the damage - very nice
varus can trade with draven so long as he isn't scared.

graves is amazing with any support and can also trade with draven 10 stacks passive.

you forgot miss fortune and sivir.

long story short any ad can be first picked. it's the experience that you need to be able to play them against any lane.

most people don't know that vayne outtrades a draven if she buys ninja tabi first.

it's about experience yo.