Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Safe First Pick ADC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

01-01-2013

I have recently started playing ADC and for some reason I am first pick often in normal draft games. I don't have too many ADC's yet, just Caitlyn, Ezreal, Vayne, Tristana, Ashe, and I will soon have Kog'Maw. So which one of these are safe first picks so I don't get easily counter picked? I thought Ezreal was safe but Taric Graves is scarry as f*ck and is a hard counter to Ezreal. Caitlyn seems fine and is my favorite ADC so far due to her ridiculous base attack range though I only like her with a good Nunu support. Once you get used to that AS boost with Blood Boil, the base attack speed seems painfully slow. Caitlyn's 650 range makes her almost impossible to counter except against a good Nunu Kog'Maw team.

So, what other safe ADC first picks are there?

Apart

01-01-2013

i still think ezreal is safe

ChiSqrd

01-01-2013

Try playing against a good Taric Graves combo. It's super scary and strong against Ezreal. Get stunned by Taric, and the armor shred from Taric followed by a buckshot will bring you to around half health. Once graves and Taric hit level 6 you better have cleanse or get hit by the stun and you are done. It's hard to farm with Taric zoning you and it's easy to lose cs while under the tower. Maybe if I banned Graves or Taric it would be safe. Leona's Zenith Blade is pretty easy to dodge for me so I'm not worried about her.

Nearly

01-01-2013

first pick ez will get hard-countered in lane by Graves, believe me, it sucks.. He can just dash forward and burst you

adc

01-02-2013

Uhh, just so you know - poke lanes counter burst lanes. Ezreal is a poke lane. He should have no trouble with Graves unless he gets caught by a Taric stun or something. Just E away and suddenly he can't hurt you.

JuiceyJay

01-02-2013

I like corki personally.

Chingmeister

01-02-2013

Sivir or AD Lulu is at least an even match up against anyone.

Martyrofsand

01-02-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
Uhh, just so you know - poke lanes counter burst lanes. Ezreal is a poke lane. He should have no trouble with Graves unless he gets caught by a Taric stun or something. Just E away and suddenly he can't hurt you.

That is normally the case but in my experience taric flips that on its head due to use of heal. That said ezreal/sona should stomp the hell out of graves/taric as long as the sona knows what she is doing. They cant combo burst you with sustain till around 3 or 4 which you can use that time to poke them out and establish a lead they rsally cant deal with. In the end though you are talking about bot lane, supports have more to do with winning that lane than the adc does.

That said ezreal is still the safest adc for first pick.

WickaWicka

01-02-2013

The thing about Ad carries is that they are probably one of the safer roles to first pick as there aren't really too many hard counters in that lane(contrary to what other people have said in this thread). You just have to know how to keep your range and to last hit properly, and that's where the countering comes in. You generally don't want to first pick a low range champion because it makes it easy for you to get harassed and zoned in lane, reducing your efficiency later in the game. So first picks with twitch and vayne are definitely out. Also it really helps if you have an escape other than flash, so that makes the safest picks, Caitlyn, Corki, Ezreal and Graves. (There may be some dispute with Trist being left out, but she passively pushes the lane (putting her out of good position) and her middle game leaves much to be desired.)

Also, the person that said that Taric/Graves counters a lane with Ezreal, I'm not so sure about that. While Taric/Graves has one of the burstier combos, a smart ezreal wouldn't just stand still to be stunned. The thing about Taric's stun is that it's slow so you have time to run and shift back, taking maybe a buckshot at worst. Now there are exceptions due to flash stunning, but generally Ezreal does really well in lane.

ChiSqrd

01-02-2013

Yeah I know what you mean I do usually manage to Arcane Shift before that stun hits me, but you screw up once and there goes your health. Also, it's really hard to farm when the Taric is zoning you like crazy and has sustain so the pokes don't do as much.