Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fix ELO Gain/Loss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinDaniel1

01-01-2013

Riot im pretty sure alot of people are sick and tired of the ELO Gain/Loss, For example I won 2 games then i lost one with the same role and etc, however i lose the same amount of ELO that i gained with TWO wins. This kind of mathematical logic is dumb, so you are telling me that i need to win twice as much games, EVEN MORE to get to a higher ELO. That is not viable nor is it fair, plz fix this dumb mathematical issue and make it so that when u lose u will lose the same amount of ELO that u had previously won.
P.S. Also Plz Fix Server Problems, and DC issues, cause when u DC u cant get back on until 5 minutes into game, make it more easier to access and faster.

Voyles

01-02-2013

Each team in different games have a different avg of ELO ratings. The ELO score should give an odd who should win. If you win against 2 teams with close to the same rating and then lose to a team with a much lower ELO, it is possible to lose more in that one game than you won in the two previous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system)

ChampAtog

01-02-2013

The Elo (it's a guys name by the way, only the 'e' should be capitalized) system is also a rating system for one-on-one competition, not 5 v 5 competition, and there are a lot of better ways to rate players. If Riot's going to fix the rating system I'd much rather they replace Elo entirely rather than changing gain/loss.

KevinDaniel1

01-02-2013

This is the problem though, there is alot of afkers and noobs and it would be impossible to go up the ladder. They also rly should change Elo entirely cause its rly stupid, pissing alot of players off.

Míley Dyrus

01-02-2013

Quote:
KevinDaniel1:
This is the problem though, there is alot of afkers and noobs and it would be impossible to go up the ladder. They also rly should change Elo entirely cause its rly stupid, pissing alot of players off.

Each team has the same chance of having AFKers and noobs. If AFKers and noobs were so prevalent, you could gain elo by just being average, thereby decreasing your team's chance of having AFKers and noobs. The fact of the matter is that if you are better than everyone else in your elo, you will win more games than lose- that's why Chaox has topped 2000 elo on three accounts now.