Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fabbyyy

01-01-2013

I think that it would be nice for ahri to get some better scaling, especially to the magic damage portion of her q.

Mattafack

01-01-2013

Don't know about anyone else, but her scaling seems perfectly fine. If she so happens to land the Q forward and back, it takes a big chunk of your health. Maybe her ult could use some better scaling now that I think of it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-01-2013

keep in mind that her E is the only skill that only ever hits once

Baughwssery

01-02-2013

I would say that Ahri has to be one of the most balanced champions in the game, and her scaling seems fine to me. Nuking entire teams for 300+ true damage every 5 secs? I think I'll take that =D

And her skills are all AoE, except her E like Cereal said, which is why her scaling seems low, because all of her abilities have the capability to hit everyone.

FlippantFox

01-02-2013

I agree with Baughwssery that Ahri is very well-balanced.

Her scaling is poor because, as was mentioned, her skills mostly hit multiple targets/multiple times.

Something else that wasn't mentioned though is that her cooldowns are relatively short compared to many other mages, so some consideration must be given to that as well.

I think if any single area could be improved for Ahri without breaking her, it would be to decrease the time it takes for her to unload her burst.

What I mean is that right now it takes a good 2-3 seconds to fully burst someone with Ahri because her W takes time to hit, her Q takes time to hit, and her ultimate REALLY takes time to hit. Unfortunately this opens her up to a LOT of team KS'ing and potential mid-kill shutdowns. If her W locked on faster and traveled faster, and her ultimate projectiles were faster and/or the delay between dashes was lower, she would feel a lot stronger. (I would mention speeding up her Q to be something more like Talon's Rake, but that might be a bit too much of a buff.)

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfynsong View Post
I agree with Baughwssery that Ahri is very well-balanced.

Her scaling is poor because, as was mentioned, her skills mostly hit multiple targets/multiple times.

Something else that wasn't mentioned though is that her cooldowns are relatively short compared to many other mages, so some consideration must be given to that as well.

I think if any single area could be improved for Ahri without breaking her, it would be to decrease the time it takes for her to unload her burst.

What I mean is that right now it takes a good 2-3 seconds to fully burst someone with Ahri because her W takes time to hit, her Q takes time to hit, and her ultimate REALLY takes time to hit. Unfortunately this opens her up to a LOT of team KS'ing and potential mid-kill shutdowns.
thats fine, just the price of being epic and hybrid mage assassin. Mosttly fo being epic though. But if you reaaaaaaaaaally wanna unload ahri's burst you gotta start her off with some champaigne and your soul xD

Afael

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
thats fine, just the price of being epic and hybrid mage assassin. Mosttly fo being epic though. But if you reaaaaaaaaaally wanna unload ahri's burst you gotta start her off with some champaigne and your soul xD
She can take my soul anytime)

FlippantFox

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
thats fine, just the price of being epic and hybrid mage assassin. Mosttly fo being epic though.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I have no issues with Ahri at present. She's easily my favorite champion in this game and, as I said before, I think she's very well balanced.

It's just that, IF anything were to be done to buff her, I think that ought to be it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfynsong View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong, I have no issues with Ahri at present. She's easily my favorite champion in this game and, as I said before, I think she's very well balanced.

It's just that, IF anything were to be done to buff her, I think that ought to be it.
I would prefer just giving her E a passive Something that scales and gives incentive to level it early sometime. You could put it on q or W or even R but that would be too easy lol

Like if she got 1/2/3/4/5 gold as an on-spell ability against charmed opponents

Peligrad

01-02-2013

I think that Ahri is in a good spot right now.

She isn't weak in any area...and she's strong in a few.

Decent CC, good damage, good farming, good AoE, great range, great mobility.

What more do you need?