AP Yi Rework/Nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XHappYFaceS

01-01-2013

As you can tell, I am on the "nerf AP Yi bandwagon group" or whatever it is people call it, but please read these listed problems with Yi, and how he can possibly get a rework so people can still play AP Yi, but he isn't completely devastating when a mediocre player of league of legends decides to play him. Personally, I play Yi and love his kit, but most people can see that Yi is a lot easier than other champions, and this problem started ever since AP Yi began to be universally used as an AP carry (not his original and intended use). So here are some problems that most people notice and agree could use some touch-ups for master yi. Master Yi was one of the original champions that appeared in League of Legends and at the time, there was no such thing as ad scaling on abilities. I'm not sure if this was or wasn't addressed on Yi and was pushed aside or tossed out. This was a problem on Tristana and people started to play AP instead of AD, because the community started to notice the obsolete and outrageous scaling she had on her ablities. Tristana did eventually get nerfed but the same should happen to AP Yi as this new meta for Yi has come with many problems such as:
The infinite cooldowns on a damaging spell (that has a 1.0 ap scaling on it) as well as a heal (that has 0.33 ap scaling on it as well as a massive armor and magic resist buff) that both have a huge base amount to start off with. Now the typical argument with these two factors are the 18-14 second cooldown before reaching level 6 for alpha strike and just use cc respectively, but this is not typically the case. Focusing all the cc on one champion just to stop a that champion from healing, as a team without great communication usually does, causes that team to not have any cc for the remaining champions resulting in either a lost team fight or your team retreating from the other team resulting in the other team pushing, naturally taking advantage of the team without the Yi. Another issue is that even if a team was to cc Master Yi, he can also resort to his ultimate and a standby flash or cleanse resulting in a quick escape without many consequences for getting caught.
All I, and possibly many other members of the community, am asking for is a simple rework or nerf, to make Master Yi retain his original intent as an ad bruiser, jungler role. I hope you, the reader, find this thread insightful, helpful and persuasive towards a Yi rework,

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Sorry, but I'm going to be blunt, no one cares that a 1300 elo player who is utterly bias about a champion wants him nerfed. Why does no one care, A. because you are bias. B because you ignore his cons, C. because you aren't as good a you think you are.

The fact you only made this post ONLY after you lost to one is another reason no one cares.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-01-2013

Reading this hurts my eyes

The idea that ap yi might matter makes me lol. AP yi isnt a problem.

Vlad is a bigger problem than he is

Spherous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

AP Yi is far from a problem, and is most often considered a troll pick in ranked. And with the change to DFG, he is much weaker now than he used to be.

Rebel Arc

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherous View Post
AP Yi is far from a problem, and is most often considered a troll pick in ranked. And with the change to DFG, he is much weaker now than he used to be.
Yes troll in ranked, thats why Alex got 2 pentas at IPL5.

Dark Kuno

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Arc View Post
Alex's calling card is unorthodox picks.

that's not an issue of AP Yi being op, that's a champ in the hands of a skilled pro to counter the opposing team's research and expectations.

Also notice he modified his usual mid play style to basically be the teams clean-up man. Which is the proper way to play AP Yi.

AP Yi is fairly easy to counter outside of blind pick.

Simply pick a mid with a silence/knock-up/repositioning ability to stop him from meditate sustaining, and when there are 4 or fewer allied minions present... STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THEM.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Arc View Post
can you tell me which games, cuz I'm guessing you were watching moscow 5 vs meat playground... I think that same team matchup resulted in a win for M5 with darius on their team.

one of his very few happy competitive moments xD

woopyfrood

01-02-2013

One of the greatest aspects of League of Legends is the viability of niche builds. They may be risky and highly specific, but when they work they are highly rewarding. To remove variability is to inflict a slow death upon League of Legends.

Chispaaa

01-02-2013

imo Ap yi should be nerfed, just like Ap rengar...
Alpha strike: lvl 5 --> 300 magic dmg (+100% ap) / 10 sec cd ...
Meditate: u can heal up to 883.27 (+400% ap) if its not canceled at lvl 5

you might say: you can counter his laning phase with healing reduction like trist E , fizz and blablabla ... yeah that might be true, but what happens when you have to fight as a team late game, and he gets some resets from his ult... it means he will deal over 700 magic dmg to almost every part of your team every 1 or 2 seconds ( of course if he gets some magic pen, like every ap carry) , and thats even higher than kata dmg output ...

tl:dr : ap yi's Q + ult resets = too stronk lategame teamfights

Jamaree

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chispaaa View Post
if its not canceled at lvl 5
You can cancel Master Yi's you couldn't stop Rengar's.