Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rise of the Deathless

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantCastiel

01-02-2013

Quarantine Zone

Maldras was standing guard outside of the quarantine zone, just like every other day. It was four months ago when the people of Freljord had hired him to represent them at the quarantine zone. Being a mercenary may not have been a fun or honorable job, but at least it payed. There was nothing interesting about the job, but as there were no worthy causes to take up arms for, Maldras became a guard at the quarantine zone.

Necromonger

01-02-2013

Zaun, Some Days Ago, On a Smoggy Night

The city of Zaun teemed with life, vulnerable and plentiful in variety. It was for this reason a strange ship came into harbour, running itself into the artificial reef that prevented unauthorized ships entry. Loudly it crashed against the steel and concrete on the water, like a fish caught in a net- and zaun’s authorities quickly moved in to investigate and plunder it.

Its crew had perished and were nowhere to be found, yet the helm was locked in place, meaning its course for zaun was set long before... whatever befell the crew took place.

Its belly was filled with many a precious cargos, metals with high value in money or industry. There were also actual manifests and documents, affidavits and other such papers that protected the sealed boxes, as they were addressed to warehouses scattered about Zaun... and other city states. Authorities were only happy to deliver the sealed boxes, the raw gold and adamantine the focus of the many salvage companies. These were not documented- and such were spoils.

Few people bothered to remember the ship for the sealed boxes, or for the hastily purchased warehouses where they were stored.

Zaun, Present Day

Fewer people would probably link the ship arrival to the sudden pattern of disappearances in the under city. Rumours begin to spread of a shadowy figure stalking the streets, hunting down violent gangs and making them vanish without a trace. No signs of struggle, no forced entry into hideouts; loot remained untouched, and territory markings remained unchanged.

Residents took this as a surge in vigilantism- every now and then some fool thinks they can clean up the streets of Zaun, only to be crushed by the unified might of the gangs. Only, there was no proclamation of the end of crime in Zaun. No evidence that there even was a vigilante. There was only darkness, violence... then silence.

Cato’s House

The environment of Zaun’s machine industries produced many familiar sounds to its resident’s hearing. The hiss of steam and the sound of gears provided a calming monotone to which natives have grown accustomed to... eerie silence means something had stopped, or had fallen into malfunction, and prolonged silence meant the mechanic in charge was not yet contacted.

For twenty minutes Cato’s house was completely surrounded by this unusual silence, as well as a deeper darkness. Animals in his home would fall silent and still, while the shadows grew long and solid. The industrial air of zaun, a steady and warm temperature, was replaced by an icy cold, frost forming upon the window pane. Sounds within the house were amplified, to the point one could hear one’s own heart beat.

Then... it came.

She knocks on the door- three, slow, stern knocks. A copy of Cato’s article slipped under the door.

Shinozaki Ayumi

01-02-2013

((Since i'm a derp. My mind went blank and I forgot we had to be in Zaun. *Smack self* ))

Zaun

Mallory arrived in Zaun after only a two day trip. She wondered where this place could hold what she wanted. She looked at the city's endless source of industrial use She coughed, Mallory was not used to the air of the city. Mallory entered the industrial place, quickly finding a family friend's home. This person was sane, at least she hoped. It's been a while since the family actually talked with the man. Mallory did wonder when she should go ahead.

((EDIT , 1/3/13: I hope Smiley didn't forget about me. D: ))

Luparis

01-03-2013

Ordimar, the Ruined League

"Death... ha, just another obstacle. Perhaps death, eternity is peaceful. The Between... there I will never go again." Ordimar spoke lowly to himself as the rifts opened around him. Something shifted behind him and he turned, his massive claymore in hand. He eyes his coffin sinking into the ground and abrubtly dropping without ever making a sound. "Nice try!"

The spirit called to him, compelled his obedience. He was only eager to comply. This place, while foreign and seemingly epitimising the thing he loathed most, did not make him afraid. He was the last of the Terror Knights, a special breed of man braver and deadlier than any berserker or knight. He knew no fear, and lived by its cold, deadly grip. That terrible, overwhelming weighted emotion ran his life, and he took life using it.

"Never again, spirit. Mark my words." Ordimar laid his claymore over his shoulder as he walked slowly after it. He missed no opportunity to mark his location, any marks, any change in scenery. After all, it could be just a clever ploy to lead him back to the black power. And if it did, he would test his mettle. "Lead the way, lil' spirit, if it's a long walk, be patient. I'm tired and thirsty!" Ordimar followed obediently, like a good soldier...

SmileyDemon

01-03-2013

Piltover Outskirts

"We need you to come in again.To the new institute. Just tell the Adjudicators everything you remember again, the tiniest detail could help us better understand the developing situation at hand."
Veronica said no-nonsensically.

Zaun- Journal of Justice Offices

The two yordles lead the tall man down the busy halls of the journal of justice offices. Even at this late hour people ran back and forth between writing rooms, editing,trashing and creating stories that would be in tomorrow's paper. As the yordle's reached Cato's office they found the door ajar and more importantly Cato not present. A note on his desk read: Left early will clock in early tomorrow.

Cato's House

Cato was sitting in his writing desk reading reports about a variable treasure hoard that seemed to appear out of nowhere, crashing into the Zaunian docks. As busy as he was reading his cat, Felix didn't seem to mind jumping in his lap and curling in a tight poofy orange ball,meowing once loudly.

"Whats gotten into you you lazy thing I'm working..."
It was then that he noticed it or the lack of it. The churning of gears and pistoning of steam pipes had mysteriously stopped and moments afterward shadows throughout his house seemed to elongate which was followed by a chill that frosted his front windows. Looking towards his front door he could see that something had been pushed underneath his door.

Picking up Felix Cato apprehensively approached his front door and as the neared it the more his cat seemed to want to run away. When he reached the door Felix scratched him once on the finger as he bent to pick up the note making Cato drop the furry feline onto the floor where it raced off to its favorite corner of the house to hide in. "Ouch that smarts you mangy fluff ball!" Cato said rubbing his finger as he picked up the small piece of paper. It was a copy of his latest article and reluctantly Cato looked outside of the frosted window panes hoping to see who was the architect of all this mischief but the gas lantern outside had went out making Cato see nothing but the darkness of night.

Angry now Cato unbolted and unlocked his door swinging it open. "Now see here! One does not simply knock on ones door in the middle of the nigh..." he stopped speaking as he was greeted by a blast of freezing air that chilled him to the bone.

Quarantine Zone- Fortress Arcana

Maldras patrolled the high stone ramparts overlooking the desolate grounds behind him. Which where surrounded by transparent energy fields that ran the entire breath around the place. Below him the new Feljordian and Piltover recruits were being trained by none other than the barbarian king himself Tryndamere. The league had convinced even he that Fortress Arcana was Valoran's last, and first line of defense of whatever still lurked within the quarantine. Tryndamere had his work cut out for him however as some of the lawless and undisciplined youth's the nations sent to his side of the fortress were utterly pathetic, downright unfit to be a guard let alone a barbarian warrior. One of the Piltoverian recruits charged at a attack dummy with her sword held high before the animated dummy rose its flimsy wooden shield to block the attack. Second guessing herself the would-be barbarian swiped her sword right where it was easily parried by the magical dummy.

"YOU THINK TOO MUCH. Barbarian's don't think about a fight. They just kill. They just fight." Tryndamere angrily walks towards the recruit raising his massive sword high. "If the damned thing raises its shield you don't change direction! YOU PLOW THROUGH IT!" Tryndamere seemed to lose the facade of control as he brought his massive sword down upon the dummy in a blind rage. The dummy rose its shield in response but the blade easily pulverized the shield into oblivion cutting the magical dummy in two.

((Posting another round of things soon just giving last minute entering time))

Geokhan

01-03-2013

Quote:
SmileyDemon:
Piltover Outskirts

"We need you to come in again.To the new institute. Just tell the Adjudicators everything you remember again, the tiniest detail could help us better understand the developing situation at hand."
Veronica said no-nonsensically.

"What is this...the five time I've told you what happened? Go talk to someone else! I got separated. They know more than me. I don't want to march down to the 'new League' and tell them the same thing I've been telling them. Go find someone else from that group."

Geokhan leaned on the bookcase nearest the window and could barely be heard muttering, "I don't want to go back to that place."

((Yeah Geokhan's being difficult...sorry.))

RadiantCastiel

01-03-2013

Quarantine Zone

Maldras saw Tryndamere teach the new recruit to use brute force rather than skill. Although he did not agree with this idea, he decided against opposing it in fear of aggravating the barbarian. Besides, it was Tryndamere himself who paid and supplied Maldras with gold, food and clothes.

Colonel qt

01-03-2013

((Am I invisible or am I missing a reply?))

Luparis

01-03-2013

((he says in OOC that he's not done yet Shiek.))

SmileyDemon

01-03-2013

The Ironspike Mountains

They had watched him leave and waited in the dusty white snow for his return. Dispelling their invisibility charms Thirty purple robed Adjutants descended upon Anayo's house surrounding it from every angle as their leader blasted in the front door with his spell arm raised. Just before the splintered wooden door shot off its frame Anayo's dog growled menacingly.

Piltover Outskirts

As Geokhan finished Veronica rose from her seat with a frown on her face. "I wasn't asking." As she finished speaking all the windows within Geokhan's house exploded inward as robed purple shapes whipped into the room each with their spell arm raised. "Please Geokhan come with us. This doesn't have to get messy." Veronica said gloomily.

The Ruined Institute of War

The death spirit led Ordimar through a winding passage that seemed to climb ever upwards out of the molten pit he had awoken in. As finally reached its top a Ordimar was greeted with the sight of a crumbling summoning chamber and at its center stood an ethereal being who flickered in and out of sight rapidly. The transparent figure gazed at him and suddenly all feeling left Ordimar it was just like his time in the Between but different in that he could not control his body. A the smoothing sound that the death spirit guided him with vanished and was replaced by another voice so terrible to beholden that what little vestiges of a soul Ordimar still held quaked in fear. "Walk before me." the voice commanded and to his own surprise Ordimar felt himself doing just that.

He walked forcefully in front of the armored transparent being and stopped immediately when the voice commanded him to do so. "You are the first of many. I can tell that you are wondering where you are or why you are here. Allow me to settle your mind."

The force that held him suddenly slackened and Ordimar could once again move of his own will. The being walked around him as a general would, inspecting his troops. "You are here because I summoned you here. Beyond the claws of death and from the darkest pits of the Between I pulled you from your eternal oblivion. I did this so that you may serve me and act as my agent outside of the fractured existence I have created. You will be my Vanguard striking at the heart of Valoran and her cities and with your preparations the doom of this world will be heralded by an army of deathless warriors. I will avenge my city and you will have your freedom when we succeed."

The warrior held out his hands and before him a sword took shape. It was of ancient Icathian design and the marks of battle was apparent everywhere along the blade. The warrior swung it once in the air and as it cut through the ghost of the blade could be seen following fast after its solid counterpart. The weapon Ordimar held disintegrated into nothing as the warrior gifted to him the blade.

"You will wield this blade in my name for its enemies fight not only you but the entire Icathian people. It is our vengeance made real."