Rise of the Deathless

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmileyDemon

01-01-2013

The New Institute of War-Reflection Chamber

They had assembled before the coffin just as the spell wore off all of them. Kane,Anayo, Mallory, Yoshi, Garic,Xavier,Geokhan,Vayne,Shaco and Renekton. Before them Ameila stood beside Councilor Mordred . Mordred held a bloodied dagger in one hand with Ashram at his feet. He looked up with pure malice in his eyes as the group approached. Kane notched an arrow and took aim. Mordred wrenched Amelia's arm close as Kane did so.

"LET HER GO NOW! Its the end of the line Mordred! Your dark schemes will be brought to light!" Kane took careful aim and fired at Mordred's head. Taken by surprise the summoner would have died if not for the quick magic of Ameila. She had raised her hand and stopped the arrow suspended in air where it fell harmlessly to the obsidian floor.She looked at Kane's shock and surprise and frowned right before Mordred's laughter echoed throughout the Magma Chamber.

"How did you think she escaped in the first place? She could not have if not for my aid. I have been teaching his wisdom and the true practitioners of magic within the league understood my message, his message! But don't think I wanted any of this to happen....we were so close to understanding his power!We would become something more...we would transcend death itself! The knowledge he can reveal to us all is worth EVERYTHING we lost! I cannot...WILL not allow you or our shortsighted leader to throw this all away." Mordred raised the dagger over his head before plunging the blade deep into Ameila's head muttering foul magics as her body fell to the floor, dead.

A look of pure horror had overtaken Kane's face as Amelia's body fell. "NO!" In blind rage he notched another arrow but before he could let it fly a magical blast shook the chamber knocking the party to their feet.

Rising they could see that the coffin at the center of the platform had exploded as a beam of screeching energy issued forth from within with Mordred holding both arms outstretched in between the party and the energy beam. For the first time in six thousand years the dark summoner could walk amongst the living. Mordred's body slowly turned to dust as the swirling vortex of energy engulfed him and from its heart the greatest threat to Runeterra emerged. Clad in Pitch black rune armor the warrior exited the energy beam moments before it dissipated. The red light of the lava reflected wickedly in the multifaceted surface of his armor as the warrior inspected his surroundings. As the party rose to their feet he took notice of them and the mad hatred that slumbered within him resurfaced in full, his vengeance would not be denied.

As soon as he had gotten to his feet Renekton charged the dark warrior jumping in the air as he neared him and bringing his cleaver down for a killing blow. As the blade connected the warrior raised his hand and summoned a sword from thin air to parry the blow down into the ground where Renekton's blade lodged itself in the ground. With his other hand the warrior charged a magical blast before firing it point blank at Renekton's chest. The butcher was blasted across the abandoned field of justice where he crashed into a tower, knocking him unconscious. The rest of the party jumped into action with Vayne, Yoshi, Kane and Mallory firing bolt, magic,arrows and bullets respectfully at the dark knight. Raising his hand the warrior commanded the magma to lift into the air between them where it solidified into solid rock moments before the attacks struck. Xavier launched a powerful magical beam down field towards the hardened wall of lava where it exploded into pieces but as the dust settled the warrior appeared unharmed. Garic and Geokhan charged in with Shaco and Anayo, each with their weapons drawn. Together they attacked but with unnatural speed the warrior deftly evaded every attack they could muster before launching them away with a blast of magical energy.

"My revenge will not be denied! The guilty will pay for abandoning us! For leaving Icathia to die! In the dredges of my sorrow I found new purpose in the might of summoning! With it I conquered their infinite armies alone! I tore down the walls of time and conquered death itself!" I am beyond all of you and I will have my vengeance!"
The warrior raised into the air and lifted his armored hands above his head. The lava surrounding the chamber seemed to defy gravity and float upwards in the air eventually reaching the ceiling. He would bury the guilty just as the guilty buried him. He dropped his arms and immediately the lava within the chamber fell down threatening to incinerate the group. Seconds before the magma could do so Ashram raced towards the party and summoned a barrier of true ice around the party shielding them from the attack.

Blood dripped from a wound in his chest as he strained against the heat outside the barrier. "Mordred used my trust to attack me while my mind was preoccupied holding back this warrior's might." Ashram looked around at the party sweating slightly before continuing. "We cannot fight him like this for even if we defeat him here he will not truly be dead. Tidus do you have both of the inhibitor fragments?" Ashram finished, addressing Yoshi. "Quickly the yordle general nodded and pulled the glowing shards from his pocket. "He must finish the ritual that he started ages ago if there is any hope of truly defeating him. When he does merge our world with that of the dead we may attack his spirit directly. The inhibitor shards will anchor his magic to the field and keep it from spreading beyond the field of justice." Ashram gasped suddenly as the ice barrier around the party cracked slightly. "Not yet..." the old summoner said grinding his teeth. "NOT YET!" Ashram burst the barrier of ice and at the same time summoned forth a mighty blast of winter air knocking back the torrent of magma and hardening it into black stone.

The leftover magma that had swept across the field of justice fell back into the pools they originated like a giant cistern. At the fields center the warrior held his hands out wide with magical arcs of power crackling in all directions. He held a crack in reality in his hands. He would summon forth the realm of the dead. To finally be reunited with his fallen love and the men he had commanded as the last general of the Icathian army. In his expectancy he did not notice that the party was still alive behind him. Ashram was gasping and clutching his still bleeding chest as he spoke "Go quickly you fools! Alight the inhibitors before its too late for us all!" Yoshi tossed one of the shards to Anayo and Garic each who caught it with each racing to opposing sides of the field and mere moments before the ritual was complete they succeed in reforming the inhibitors. Between his hands the crack in reality expanded engulfing himself and everyone in the room, bathing the rocky walls in unnatural darkness. The bubble kept expanding until it reached the inhibitors. The bright crystals fractured at withholding such power, but held. Everyone within the fused realms could see themselves and attached to them as if a shadow a transparent replica; their soul. The realms of life and death were truly mixed.

The warrior, upon realizing that not only had his enemies lived but hindered his merger of the realms howled in rage. Connected to him like a shadow was a transparent abomination of hate and rage. These emotions had consumed him and his soul utterly.
As the bellow of hate rang throughout the cavern innumerable lights appeared in the darkness that covered the Magma chambers walls. The Light points expanded and formed themselves into the armored and armed spectral host of Icathia responding to their generals call. Vengeance it seemed, had consumed them all. The specters descended upon the two that were split from the party intent on destroying the inhibitors that held the ritual back.

Ashram rose to his feet with the aid of his soul shade and yelled in a magically enhanced voice "Protect the inhibitors while we finish this fight!" Ashram chanted magic he himself created as he commanded the inhibitors to grant him some of the energy they held back. With this new found power Ashram and his shade launched a terrible beam of pure runic magical power toward the warrior's physical form. In response the warrior launched his own counter attack locking the summoners in magical combat. The soul beast of the warrior however descended towards the dueling Ashram only to be stopped by the rest of the party.

Garic and Anayo fought with their soul shades against the torrent of spectral soldiers that poured from the darkness defending the inhibitors with their lives.

Meanwhile the rest of the party fought with magic and steel and their souls against the terrible monster. While the warrior and Ashram fought for dominance with their interlocked spells Geokhan managed to force back the raging soul abomination but not without it ripping his soul shade in half making the summoner writhe in unknowable pain. Yoshi, Xavier with the aid of their soul shades poured all of their combined energy into one last magical attack against the stunned beast while Kane,Mallory,Vayne and Shaco held back the tide of spectral soldiers. Their final attack pushed the injured the soul creature enough to give Ashram the edge in his duel with the warrior. He poured everything he had and overcame the power of the warrior with the runic energy beam impacting him and wiping away his form in a tremendous explosion that shook the entire chamber into near collapse. Rock fell from the ceiling as the rituals effects dissipated allowing each of the parties soul shades to disappear once again back beyond the realm of the living. The party was victorious.

"The chamber is collapsing we haven't much time!"
Ashram said gasping slightly as he recovered from his exertions while clutching his chest."Time? This will only happen again! The league and its councilors KNEW about this tomb and its corruptive power! All this happened because of the greed of summoners! All these people died because of summoners like you!" Kane bellowed in rage still upset over the loss of Amelia. "The league is finished! We cannot leave the fate of the world in the hands of people such as this!" Kane said emphatically turning to his companions he had fought and bled with.

"No one can know of what happened here.Kane your emotions cloud your judgement the greater good..." Ashram said before being interrupted by Kane as he dropped his bow in anger and pointed furiously at Ashram. "You can't talk about the greater good! You can't sweep this under the rug! These people died because of the leagues greed! They can't die in vain! Justice must be met!"

Ashram's voice took a grim tone as he spoke. "If the world discovers what happened here the league will collapse and with it goes Valorans last, best hope for a brighter future. Without it magic will once again poison and choke the land until the world dies.Without the league to keep the balance all will per..." Kane interrupted Ashram unexpectedly.

"Without the league to manipulate the world into a false safety the world would be free! Justice would be met and plots crafted within the minds of lairs and killers will no longer decide the fate of us all. I would rather die than submit to your 'greater good'." Kane fell to his feet and bowed his head before speaking to a member of the original rescue team. "What are you waiting for....do it" Kane said to Yoshi..."What are you waiting for...do it" Kane said to Mallory..."What are you waiting for...do it" Kane said to Garic........" This continued with each iteration slightly different than the last but it was clear that these memories had been tampered with.

"Stop the memory"
High Councilor Vessaria Kolminye said curtly. Suddenly everything within the memory stopped and from behind her five purple robed figures appeared. "Five years and we are still unable to fix any of the altered memories... Ashram sure knew what he was doing I'll give the old man that." She said to the five behind her. "I want you to bring the rescue team in again, remind them that we are always watching." As Vessaria looked at the altered part of the memory she did not see Ashram at all present among the party.

Zaun-Industrial

At Cato's desk his latest article lay before him. As he reads it a gut feeling tells him that the truth about the Dark Trinity is exists....somewhere.

((Cato's Article Below))

After the events of what was to be known as The Dark Trinity the League of Legends survives but barely having relocated to its fortress in Mogran Pass. The area around which the institute previously rested is now quarantined by the strongest magics from all nations on all sides. Nothing exits the quarantine or enters without undergoing a painful demise. The last people to exit the now quarantined zone was a rescue party sent five years ago. It was by their recommendation that the quarantine be put in place around the institute. Not moments before a magical explosion tore through the area within,battering the magical fields to almost breaking. After debriefing the rescue party and discovering that three of the original team had perished the Leagues council declares that the quarantine be permanent much to the dismay of all those who lost love ones to the tragedy. Today the league's official report on the incident is "An unknown phenomena" and what of the rescue team you ask my readers? Gone! They practically disappear after their daring escape with a handful of survivors and champions from within . Another frightening fact is that every single one of those rescued also has refrained from comment on the mysterious cataclysm since their initial rescue . Indeed, upon rescue (and before they were taken by league officials) each survivor told of the horrors that they had experienced within the institute. They spoke of a dark summoner and a power mad council member and the murder of a Demacian man named Kane. What little we could gather then corroborated with every other survivor we spoke to that day but since no information has come to light about any of what was said. Meanwhile studies that the league has given to us reveal that the energy within is from another plane of existence entirely and is completely alien to Valoran.Were any of the survivors claims true? Who is Kane? What, if he exists does this 'dark summoner' want? Why is the league actively hiding information from us? Were they involved in the deaths of over five thousand men woman and children that lived and worked within the institute?What is the Dark Trinity and what does the growing energy from within the quarantine mean for the future of Valoran? All these questions my readers and no answers as of yet.The league is as silent as the very day this catastrophe occurred five years ago.
written by- Cato Richard Bertillon

((This is a massive post so I will be editing it for grammar, etc just wanted to get this out. Their are many places to start this RP if you posted a profile here then your in. If you need help or a place to start your search for the truth please do not hesitate to ask in the thread that I have linked here.))

Colonel qt

01-01-2013

((Alot of times you put ayano instead of anayo, also what are soul shades?))

Anayo was looking over the land with cold wind blowing over his face, a small dog next to him. He went inside a small cabin he had made and pulled a book out of a bookcase over the history of the League. Ever since the events of the Dark Trinity he had re-located himself to the Ironspike mountains where he built himself a cabin to clear his mind. That never ended up working so he devoted himself to doing the exact opposite of what he had started, figuring out everything he could about the Dark Trinity. Some people might say that he and the other rescue team members know all there was to know but he didn't believe it. After reading the book inside and out he went outside to find his day's dinner.

((not sure if this is how im supposed to start out, I'll edit if it isn't what you had in mind.))

SmileyDemon

01-01-2013

((fixed and soul shades are well.... your soul. Since you were in the merged realms of the living and the dead your soul was a physical thing. It was attached to you much like a shadow but still a separate entity and yet not. Also your entrance is fine . Also remember that each of the original team think they killed Kane to save the league due to Ashram's tampering. As to who really killed Kane well... thats a mystery. ))

Colonel qt

01-01-2013

((Alright, one more thing about soul shades. Are they still with us?))

SmileyDemon

01-01-2013

(( No they vanished when the merging ritual failed))

Colonel qt

01-01-2013

((Alright, I'll wait until everyone else posts, if not..

MAN MODE SOLO TIME KARTH ULT NASUS Q GWAAHHHH

....with a blooodthirster of course. ))

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Piltover Outskirts

Geokhan lived in Piltover before and after the League fell. Piltover became his only home. His house was a humble two story with a cellar for ale, and a smithy attached to the side. The chimney had long ago stopped burning and the kitchen emptied of food, but it was still home.

Immune to alcohol, and immune to forgetfulness, he was forced to see the dead eyes of Greg and Jezz when he slept. Geokhan's soul ached from the constant abuse. He told the world he was retired and wanted to be left alone. However...a nagging thought in the back of his mind told him...he wasn't quite done.

Geokhan kept sharp, his excuse being he was staying in shape in case of bandits on the road. He forged new armor of steel splint mail, enchanted to make Geokhan stronger. He now sat by his door, awaiting the call he hoped to never come.

Emperor Titus

01-01-2013

((Just wondering, is the dark summoner defeated forever or he's still lurking? And is it just simple for anyone to come into the abandoned League?))

SmileyDemon

01-02-2013

((No comment on your first question and it is near impossible to get into the abandoned League. It is guarded on all sides by each respective Nation in the league both physically and magically. Beyond this there is the nether energy cloud that has swallowed up nearly all of the area where the old institute of war rested.))

Emperor Titus

01-02-2013

Bandle City, Secret Naval Base

"You know I still wondered why you couldn't unleash everything at that dark summoner, Yoshi," Admiral Yi-Sun Sin pondered as he stirs the apple juice. "5 years and the mission is still unfinished."

The two admirals are back at Bandle City in its usual days. Despite the conspiracies that surround the fragmented League of Legends, Bandle City remains immune, just like it has been for the last five Rune Wars.

"What do you mean?" Admiral Titus "Yoshi" Flavius quizzed.

"I'm saying that you didn't defeat him," Yi points out.

"Wait...what do you mean?" Yoshi takes a bite off the apple.

"That dark summoner. The Dark Trinity. Look at the tactical side, Yoshi. You lost brave warriors but you have not defeated it. THAT, to me, is a failed campaign. A lost battle. That Dark Trinity? It's still there. Probably waiting to destroy the bubble in the abandoned Institute. The monsters? Still there. And the dark summoner who can 'cheat' death? Still alive probably. You have lost that battle on that day. But that war is still going. Monsters are there, poised to invade. They're only biding their time. You must finish before it begins.You're going back there, Yoshi. And I'm going to send a message to the team so that you and the others can go back there."

"Are you kidding me?! Dealing with monsters and Ashram was hard enough! Then I had to face Mordred and for some reason..." Yoshi pauses as he remembers what happens next, though it's more curiosity than guilt that is running through his mind. "Then..I killed...him...don't know how but I killed him..."

"That's what the rest of the surviving teammates said."

"I remembered killing him, Yi. But you're right...Weird..."

"Think tactically. Remember what I told you, Yoshi. Think with reason, not with experience nor emotions."

"Okay..." Yoshi slouches down on the chair. "So we know what to do. How we do it...it's gonna be hard. The old League of Legends is guarded by eight city states with their respective military. The League is not far and is at Mogron Pass. It's protected by near-impossible amounts of magic. How do we get in? I'm not going to make a giant distraction by having Bandle City attacking seven city states at once."

Yi Sun-Sin chuckles. If he was there at that time of the mission, he would have done it better than Yoshi would have done. Then he goes back to his usual serious moods. "First, ask the High Councillors. If they say no, then use your cosmic powers. Silence their powers first so that the League is incapacitated. Then go through Bandle City's defenses, which I am in charge of, and get through the portal. Or teleport there if possible."

Yoshi starts to smile at that idea. His confidence starts to grow once more and now he's itching to get back to the old League of Legends. "What about the team?" he asks.

"I'll take care of that."