What makes you think youre average or better at this game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR Cimis View Post
I've played roughly 2500 games. But thats not what makes me good. Sure the experience helps and is a contributing factor but theres more to it. my knowledge and passion for the game, the amount of pro games I watch and learn from, that I help people and not rage at them, I've taught like 10 of my friends how to play and have helped countless people in game. That I can take and learn from criticism. Thats what makes me a strong player.
This iswhat you believe the cause is not the foundation upon which you claim this to be true, regardless of whether or not it can be shown to others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegam0 View Post
I believe I am average, I use my in game experiences and everything I read to guide me in this game. I am a research fanatic when its a subject I am interested in so I tend to absorb a ton of knowledge. I also believe that no matter how good or bad I play I am constantly learning, I know I am 100 times better then I was when I had only been playing a few months, and I have even learned characters I couldnt play and thought I would never play just a few months ago as well. I also believe I am by no means an expert on this game, but I dont believe anyone truly is. I will never think I am better then average though, as this game evolves as well as myself and the player base in it.
How do you know that makes you average though?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peligrad

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baval View Post
no reason not to, i have `1200 games and as i said, more wins than losses by a pretty good amount. That makes me at least above average right? =P
Your wins minus losses plays a bigger factor than number of wins.

Your "normal ELO" is a hidden value that works like ranked ELO and determines who you are matched against.

With each win your hidden normal ELO increases and with each loss, it goes down.

How much it goes up or down depends on your ELO compared to the average. If yours was lower than the average you get a small bonus (if you win) or lose less (if you lose) if yours was higher you get less (if you win) and lose more (if you lose).

So if your wins=loses it most likely indicates that you are an average player.

If your wins>losses you are above average and if losses>win then you suck...sorry CBoD that's you...

That said, getting farther ahead on w-l means being matched against better players meaning its harder to win.

So the farther ahead you are, the exponentially better player you are...the converse is also true...

If you wish to find your normal ELO here is the sites to visit:

http://lolmatches.com/
http://lolcave.com/ec/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohntheMage

Senior Member

01-02-2013

1) I always land all my R's as Karthus. No, seriously, all of them hit their target which is pretty impressive considering that the beam of destruction has an aoe smaller than a champions hitbox (unless the champion is Teemo).

2) I always make sure to secure kills for my team no matter what the situation. Even when our kill-starved Vayne has a Sona at 100 hp trapped in a corner, I go ahead and secure the kill as Taric because I know that she could very easily Sona Ult + Flash + E + Ghost + Shurelya's Reverie = Sad (maybe dead) Vayne and no kill for team. So I go ahead and secure it this avoiding the situation described above.

3) I always makes sure to provide feedback to my teammates when they do things that are horribly wrong. Over the ages I have learned that a proper mixing of expletives and derogatory terms are necessary for advice to sink in. Therefore I make sure to include these essential ingredients whenever I educate my team.

4. I always manage to land at least one Q per game when playing as Blitzcrank and I usually land it to save some depraved Kennen from my ravenous Graves. It is all for the team's good of course, and by doing this I am actually increasing my ad carry's power levels since "Adversity builds Character." Also, by not landing any other Q's I gradually lull the enemy team into a false sense of security and convince them that the best way to avoid my cc is to go straight at me, leading to a shocking victory on our side...occasionally.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
Your wins minus losses plays a bigger factor than number of wins.

Your "normal ELO" is a hidden value that works like ranked ELO and determines who you are matched against.

With each win your hidden normal ELO increases and with each loss, it goes down.

How much it goes up or down depends on your ELO compared to the average. If yours was lower than the average you get a small bonus (if you win) or lose less (if you lose) if yours was higher you get less (if you win) and lose more (if you lose).

So if your wins=loses it most likely indicates that you are an average player.

If your wins>losses you are above average and if losses>win then you suck...sorry CBoD that's you...

That said, getting farther ahead on w-l means being matched against better players meaning its harder to win.

So the farther ahead you are, the exponentially better player you are...the converse is also true...

If you wish to find your normal ELO here is the sites to visit:

http://lolmatches.com/
http://lolcave.com/ec/
You also have to consider the odds of getting a remotely decent team is and the effects of an unusual environment due to the tier or format in which you play. Theres also how seriously each player takes a particular format. Even if I were the most amazing player this game has ever known I'd still lose games simply because of the sheer number of ****s I dont give when I see that there are none coming from my team.

If you don't see the problem with 0 utility on your team and send kat mid and pick some melee carry with a support that has no special synergy and even the damn jungler cant do anything special then I'm just going to top with whoever the hell I feel like. I'm not going to focus on carrying unless I'm the carry, I'm going to focus on trying something out.

Additionally
My not caring, if ELO is conclusive, makes other people bad at the game not their own decisions which will probably contribute. When I carry a baddie they get better at the game no matter how bad they are or how insistant they are on continueing to be bad


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peligrad

Senior Member

01-02-2013

If you are a good enough player, you'll carry.

Period.

Look in my match history. You'll see a ranked game where I CARRIED with ALISTAR.

I'll give you that there are a lot of bad players out there...believe me...I see them all the time... I saw them at 1600+ ELO last season...

But to expect all your team mate to be as good or better than you and say you've lost every game you've lost because of them...its unrealistic...

Good players will put the bad ones on the shoulders and carry them at least to some extent.

I know its especially bad at lower ELO with inexperienced players...those games turn into snowball matches because people don't know how to not feed when they do fall behind.

Its ok to not play carries every game...I know I've lost a lot because I was supporting bad players...

But if you are really that much better than the others...you'll carry with anything... I've carried with Taric...I've carried with Alistar...

So you can't say...I lose because my team mates or I lose because I don't play carries...

It's at least partly ur fault...especially when you consider hundreds and hundreds of games to balance out outliers...

Sometimes you'll get an AP yi that feeds annie 5 kills by 12 minutes....and you'll lose....nothing you can do.

But that doesn't happen every game...and to say that it does...just silly.

If every game you are surrounded by bad players...then the enemy team is full of baddies too...so feed yourself some baddies and carry...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
If you are a good enough player, you'll carry.

Period.

Look in my match history. You'll see a ranked game where I CARRIED with ALISTAR.

I'll give you that there are a lot of bad players out there...believe me...I see them all the time... I saw them at 1600+ ELO last season...

But to expect all your team mate to be as good or better than you and say you've lost every game you've lost because of them...its unrealistic...

Good players will put the bad ones on the shoulders and carry them at least to some extent.

I know its especially bad at lower ELO with inexperienced players...those games turn into snowball matches because people don't know how to not feed when they do fall behind.

Its ok to not play carries every game...I know I've lost a lot because I was supporting bad players...

But if you are really that much better than the others...you'll carry with anything... I've carried with Taric...I've carried with Alistar...

So you can't say...I lose because my team mates or I lose because I don't play carries...

It's at least partly ur fault.
Maybe you did carry, maybe your 10000 ELO friend carried with his hax. Maybe some off-support was just using you as a means of carrying, maybe the other team was just bad or feeding.

What's more is that you don't have to be good to carry, you just have to do your job.

As for losing because I didn't play a particular sort of champ. I'm certainly not going to blame anybody. If I tell you I'm bad at something and you b**** when I do bad I'll probably stop to tell you off. perhaps costing us the game. I have no interest in playing with whiney b****es and trolls from either team. I also have no interest in carrying for a team that isn't doing all they can do which brings up something else.

Does it take the ability to carry those unwilling to do what it takes to win to be good at this game do you think? Does one really have to be good at carrying, not bad players, but antisupportive players. 4v5 is hard enough but 3v7 is getting silly.

It would be different if dodging wasn't penalized so roughly, in that case it would just be a judgement skill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foxbyte

Senior Member

01-02-2013

First off, JohnTheMage is hilarious.

That said, I judge myself to be better than the average player at my ELO because I actually AM better than the average player at my ELO, simply because I actually know how to play the game.

See, early in the preseason I got trolled/AFK'd down to 800 ELO (before the system was "confident in my rating", and after some 130 ranked games I still can't climb past 950. At present I make like 9 ELO for a win but drop 15 for a loss, so I won't be getting out of here any time soon.

I can hardly believe how bad some of these guys are. I'm talking about common sense **** that they should've known after hitting level 5, such as "you do not attempt to solo the whole enemy team, even if you are Darius or Garen."

I see games all the time where our top lane loses both turrets before 20 minutes WITHOUT the enemy jungler's help, then proceeds to blame our jungler despite the fact that the poor guy has been camping top lane all game trying to help.

Bot lanes where the ADC doesn't know how to last-hit, let alone engage or harass effectively. Basically just stands in place and auto-attacks things and expects the support to keep them alive. Meanwhile said support hasn't even bought a single ward 10 minutes into the game and keeps complaining about the enemy jungler's ganks. (Or, if it's an Alistar player, they trash talk their ADC for feeding while they camp under the turret and do literally NOTHING to help him in lane, not even healing.)

Meanwhile our jungler either spends all day farming and never ganks, or ganks all day and never farms, and either way is useless. Often they refuse to take Smite - especially Shaco junglers. I've even seen an Udyr flat out refuse a leash on blue (the golems killed him about one minute later).

Mid lane is, in the meantime, mostly helmed by yours truly. Which means I mostly trash the other guy in both farm and kills until about 10 minutes, at which point it becomes 5v1 because top and bot both lost lanes but are still trying to farm. Thanks to that I lose my lane as well.

Then in teamfights the poor mage/assassin type champs I like to play woefully discover that they can't 1v1 anyone on the enemy team because all of them (except the enemy mid) are at least 4:1 on K/D ratio versus me, who got face-rolled mid by their whole team and am only at 1:1. Rest of the team is even more useless because they're 1:4 and don't know what the enemy ADC does, or that said ADC is a soft target. They hunt down the Volibear then cry "gg surrender at 20."

...And despite all this adversity, somehow I still win 50% of my games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Zod NA

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Meanwhile our jungler either spends all day farming and never ganks, or ganks all day and never farms, and either way is useless.
If I'm playing Skarner, I warn my team that I won't be ganking pre-6 unless the enemy is absurdly overextended or to counter-gank. I'm focusing on leveling up and counter-jungling. People need to realize that different junglers play differently.

Quote:
Which means I mostly trash the other guy in both farm and kills until about 10 minutes,
Some friendly advice. Winning your lane in mid simply isn't enough. You either need to take the tower and push hard, or be roaming and warding to help top and bot. If you're fed, sitting in middle saying "ha ha I'm winning" is a huge waste of time and energy that could be spent protecting and assisting your team, especially with objective control. If you can control mid and bot, then you can also control dragon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
How do you know that makes you average though?
I dont know, but I do believe it in the same way I have faith in things. I have the confidence in myself enough to believe I am average. Whether I truly am or not doesnt matter to me, if I thought I was less I may play worse due to the bad self esteem that would give. I try to play with a positive attitude. I dont worry about hard proof though, dont really need it since I am confident enough in how I play. I dont worry how others see it. granted this does not mean I dont take advice, it just means I dont sit there talking trash all game or bragging before a match that I am gonna win. I believe this is a team game, and one person cannot win the match, but the whole team can.