What makes you think youre average or better at this game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frightning

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
So lolking statistics is your answer. Under the pretense that it is authoritative and an accurate representation at all times this is an acceptable answer. Your high win rate with talon doesnt say much though.
Assuming the samples that lolking gets are representative of LoL players in general, the samples are large enough for that ~5% above normal to be statistically significant. My win rate is indeed only anecdotal evidence, but it does agree with the statistics too.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitterman View Post
So I think I'm above average at this game because I once killed an Ahri using Darius.
*trollface*
It happens... but it says more about the ahri player and maybe how much effort darius put in.. its not actually impossible... its also not impossible to survive being hit by a truck but you wouldn't want to try that too often

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baval View Post
i have a >50% win rate and i play heimerdinger and land most of my grenades. ive also carried a few games as heimerdinger. Not super pro or anything, but at least good.
assuming your opponents were up to par.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightning View Post
Assuming the samples that lolking gets are representative of LoL players in general, the samples are large enough for that ~5% above normal to be statistically significant. My win rate is indeed only anecdotal evidence, but it does agree with the statistics too.
So do you or don't you yourself make this assumption?

Best Zod NA

01-02-2013

Because my ELO puts me in the top five percent of League of Legends players.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquisfdom View Post
Because my ELO puts me in the top five percent of League of Legends players.
It can only put you in a percentile of those who play ranked games.

Baval

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
assuming your opponents were up to par.
no reason not to, i have `1200 games and as i said, more wins than losses by a pretty good amount. That makes me at least above average right? =P

Cimis

01-02-2013

I've played roughly 2500 games. But thats not what makes me good. Sure the experience helps and is a contributing factor but theres more to it. my knowledge and passion for the game, the amount of pro games I watch and learn from, that I help people and not rage at them, I've taught like 10 of my friends how to play and have helped countless people in game. That I can take and learn from criticism. Thats what makes me a strong player.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

I believe I am average, I use my in game experiences and everything I read to guide me in this game. I am a research fanatic when its a subject I am interested in so I tend to absorb a ton of knowledge. I also believe that no matter how good or bad I play I am constantly learning, I know I am 100 times better then I was when I had only been playing a few months, and I have even learned characters I couldnt play and thought I would never play just a few months ago as well. I also believe I am by no means an expert on this game, but I dont believe anyone truly is. I will never think I am better then average though, as this game evolves as well as myself and the player base in it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baval View Post
no reason not to, i have `1200 games and as i said, more wins than losses by a pretty good amount. That makes me at least above average right? =P
The odds of a strong vs weak opponent aren't even
The opponents arent truely chosen at random

If I go start fights in 1000 elementry schools odds are that ill win over half the time

There is also the fact that one can be carried. You may have carried someone else or someone may have carried you. Even for a short period of time it makes a difference.