What's wrong with my Honor Ribbon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elennali

01-01-2013

Hey there,

I was just wondering, what's the math behind honor? Because I've already gathered 118 Teamwork points but I haven't gotten the ribbon yet! About 95% of those points were given to me by strangers (not friends) so I don't understand why I don't have my ribbon yet.

Can anybody help me sort this out?

Thanks
Elennali

Howard098

01-01-2013

Greetings!
Currently there are 4 Ribbons that can be earned.
Great Mentor
Great Leader
Great Teammate
and
Honorable Opponent.

Of the 4 Only honorable opponent requires honor in any one category.

Lyte (A Rioter) says:
"Crests aren't based on Honor counts in your profile.

Honor assesses the value of all your exchanges to determine how Honorable you are compared to the rest of the population."

"Here's a secret, the base Honors (Friendly, Teamwork, Helpful, Honorable Opponent) are not 1:1 with the Crests of Honor.

There's the Crest of Honor - Honorable Opponent that many have unlocked and yes, you just need Honorable Opponent Honors to unlock that. However, the other Crests are not so simple...

In fact, has anyone figured out what the other Crests are even called? That might give you a clue about how to earn them."

Elennali

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard098 View Post
Greetings!
Currently there are 4 Ribbons that can be earned.
Great Mentor
Great Leader
Great Teammate
and
Honorable Opponent.

Of the 4 Only honorable opponent requires honor in any one category.

Lyte (A Rioter) says:
"Crests aren't based on Honor counts in your profile.

Honor assesses the value of all your exchanges to determine how Honorable you are compared to the rest of the population."

"Here's a secret, the base Honors (Friendly, Teamwork, Helpful, Honorable Opponent) are not 1:1 with the Crests of Honor.

There's the Crest of Honor - Honorable Opponent that many have unlocked and yes, you just need Honorable Opponent Honors to unlock that. However, the other Crests are not so simple...

In fact, has anyone figured out what the other Crests are even called? That might give you a clue about how to earn them."
Thanks for your reply! And by the way, do I have to play Ranked for them? Or Normal matches would do too? I can't help but noticing most of the guys who have crests play a lot of ranked matches. I only play Normal so that would totally screw my expectations

Howard098

01-01-2013

It doesn't matter which game type you play.
You can be honored in:
Normal
Draft
Ranked
Dominion

Custom games unfortunately do not allow you to give/receive honor.

Cheers.