Should I get Leona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inexpressive

01-01-2013

Since Leona is on sale for limited time. I was wondering if it worth to buy her because I play support role when other role are taken.

Kensai07

01-01-2013

It's a very aggressive all or nothing support.

Just my opinion, I personally am not a fan.

Inexpressive

01-01-2013

hmm I should look at few video on leona to see how aggressive she is.

Smittens91

01-01-2013

I don't care for playing her support either, as unless you have voice comm with your ADC you can accidentally suicide fairly often while trying to make a play. Personally I play Leona Jungle, since a small amount of farm put into extra health synergizes well with her W.

She ganks a lot like Naut or Amumu, only with more damage (from her Innate and W burst), and her "grab" goes over minions, making positioning that much easier. Be warned, you NEED a strong leash on blue or you will have to B before/right after getting Lizard Buff. She is like Sej in this sense.

Any way you play her, just make sure to time your E > Q > R combo properly to not overlap the CC but getting the longest shutdown time possible at the same time.

TL;DR: Buy her if you like ganking, just make sure you can land skill shots.

kLo smile

01-01-2013

Leona is very good. Level 2, if you have a good adc your kill potential is 80%. Late game if u don't have a gap closer cc, leona's ult is good. One downside is that she can steal a few kills because her passive, I duo q with my partner 1500's. I know 1500's isnt good at all , but it works there.

Inexpressive

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittens91 View Post
I don't care for playing her support either, as unless you have voice comm with your ADC you can accidentally suicide fairly often while trying to make a play. Personally I play Leona Jungle, since a small amount of farm put into extra health synergizes well with her W.

She ganks a lot like Naut or Amumu, only with more damage (from her Innate and W burst), and her "grab" goes over minions, making positioning that much easier. Be warned, you NEED a strong leash on blue or you will have to B before/right after getting Lizard Buff. She is like Sej in this sense.

Any way you play her, just make sure to time your E > Q > R combo properly to not overlap the CC but getting the longest shutdown time possible at the same time.

TL;DR: Buy her if you like ganking, just make sure you can land skill shots.
I've never seen a jungle leona before. that seem interesting.

Lord Puppy Fury

01-01-2013

Leona is a dream support to have when you're winning and a nightmare to have when you're not. She's all or nothing. If she doesn't have the tankiness plus the damage behind her to survive going all in, she's a liability. If Leona and her team are ahead though, GG triple stun. Overall, I think there are better rounded supports out, but different people have different champions that they will excel with.

And now I am deeply intrigued by a Leona jungle...

PrfsrChaos

01-01-2013

She's pretty fun and has bullying potential close to but not surpassing that of a Ali or a Blitz.

I feel it's more like when you're playing her you kinda have to learn how to be aggressive without letting her Rambo-ish tendencies to run rampant.

If you like aggressive/bully supports, then she's a great pick. You will get a lot of kills in comparison to other supports, just comes with the kit she has. Probably the most important thing with Leona is that you can't worry about stealing kills from your adc because with her kit, if you don't kill the enemy quickly, and kill all of them (regardless of who gets the kills) you're probably not making it out alive.

Overall she's high-risk, high-reward and the challenge is striking that balance between being aggressive and going in over your head.

Pros:
Double Stuns
Super Awesome Initiation
Self-Sustained Tankiness with her sheild.
Dealz Damage!!!! with her abilities.

Cons:
No Sustain/Heal for you or your partner.
No major harass besides diving in head first.
Once you dive in, either you kill them all or you're probably going down.
Does not really deal damage without her abilities.

Qsario

01-02-2013

I think I heard a parrot saying "yes."

Anyhow, she's great in a kill lane, but as they've said you can't be going in there alone and you have to have sense to engage at reasonable times when others can follow up. Going off by yourself is worthless, even if you execute a perfect combo.

One part of this is because your sunlight passive is a lot of your damage and that can only be triggered by other people hitting your target. Which makes getting all the procs in rather difficult unless your carry has a lot of skill and AS.

That said, a bad Leona will end up missing the zenith blade, failing the combos, forgetting to walk ahead of them while waiting on the stun, or simply missing with that ult. Or you engage at bad times when everyone is OOM or has important skills on CD, or you end up committing suicide or else leading the team into a bad fight.

So she's good, but not easy and her passive does require a decent ADC to make it worthwhile. Smart opponents will ward the side bushes and stay out of range of your combo, or possibly CC you and interrupt it mid way.