ban karthus......

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PwningPoro

01-01-2013

I hope this is the right forum but.....who bans karthus...

me and my friend are both at the same elo we planned to support adc our way to victory (every game he supports me i end with scores like 20-3-4 if they enemy doesn't surrender)
and someone took my adc spot...i was like okay my duo decided to jungle i was like...okay i will go Karthus you camp mid and i will snowball this to victory..... immediately after that he bans Karthus.....who bans Karthus in ranked...(also we were in skype so the banner didn't hear i was going Karthus and he was confused on what role i was going since i switched 2-3 times due to others calling my role...)

i was so mad that he would ban someone like this i started listing teams that can counter him

Elise mid for the e dodge and she can burst Karthus down faster then he can burst her
Vlad top for the pool dodge and his great team fight presence/sustain
Sivir for adc for her spell shield and great team fight presence with her ulti/bouncing
Nocturne for jungle with his shield and decent initiation
Soraka for support.....the ultimate Karthus counter with her ult and her passive granting mr.

they could all take barrier and get an banshee's veil....if i still found a way to piss them off Nocturne and Sivir could buy a maw for the spell block.....if i still pissed them off Soraka Vlad and Elise could get zonyahs.....IF I STILL PISS THEM OFF someone could buy a abysals and Soraka could get the aegis upgrade....

so tell me am i over reacting or do i have decent ground to say....why did you do that?

adc

01-01-2013

Lol. Karthus is one of the best AP heroes in the game with a good team behind him. He can farm 400 CS in 30 minutes, have near or at full build, then walk into your team and do 500000 DPS to everyone. Oh, and after you focus him down, he has 4 seconds to cast all his spells some more and then he can kill your team with his ult.

So is Karthus ban-worthy? Probably not, since he's hard to master. But he's very strong, and banning him isn't the most retarded thing you could do.

McFace

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Lol. Karthus is one of the best AP heroes in the game with a good team behind him. He can farm 400 CS in 30 minutes, have near or at full build, then walk into your team and do 500000 DPS to everyone. Oh, and after you focus him down, he has 4 seconds to cast all his spells some more and then he can kill your team with his ult.

So is Karthus ban-worthy? Probably not, since he's hard to master. But he's very strong, and banning him isn't the most retarded thing you could do.
Pretty much this.

Maybe if you KNOW the other team has a good Karthus player then ban him always, but other than that.......it's not a bad pick but not a great one.

futuresight23

01-01-2013

If the guy using Karthus knows what he is doing, then it can be a nightmare going up against him because he does tons of damage when he is alive and tons of damage when he is dead.

However I don't think Karthus would be a high priority ban unless you knew who your opponents are. Somewhat because there is no guarantee that you'll see him. Also he needs a lot of farm to get to god mode which the AD caster mid thing would probably stand a good chance at preventing.

Utility mages like Orianna and Lux also counter Karthus to some degree and are fairly popular right now.

Shadowed Ruby

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresight23 View Post
If the guy using Trinity Force knows what he is doing, then it can be a nightmare going up against him because he does tons of damage when he is alive and tons of damage when he is dead.

Karthus is a nasty fella to meet in a dark alley, and while there are more sensible picks (anti-fun champs, cc heavy champs) there are worse picks. (Team specific supports, non-god tier carries, Tryndamere).

umadbro8787

01-01-2013

He is pretty hard to take out but i don't mind

ChiSqrd

01-01-2013

He has a high skill cap and most players can't play him to his full potential. Also works better in certain team comps and requires either very good map awareness or good communication with team. Karthus isn't banned for the same reason why Orianna or Anivia isn't banned despite them being banned often is pro games. Vice versa, Blitzcrank isn't banned in pro games because pros know how to deal with him through good counter picks and ward coverage.

GreetingsGoodbye

02-24-2013

Karthus MUST farm. Deny him that, and you deny him his power.

That said, Karthus CAN farm. It's not easy to deny him his farm. Karthus can get an ROA by 13 at the latest, and then he's early tanky and can E all over the enemy team. He doesn't stay too tanky after that, but man is he a force midgame.

No doubt that Karthus' weakest time is in the first 10 minutes, and that's when the enemy mid + jungler MUST sht all over him.