Dodging Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehJosh2

01-01-2013

Every second game I would see an obvious noob, rager, counterpick, or bad team comp in lobby and do nothing about it. I would spend the entire game knowing that I was going to lose*, and after every one of those games I would promise myself that "next time" there's something wrong in lobby, I'll just dodge and save myself the elo. But when it came down to it, the half hour wait deterred me every time.

These days though, I always trust my instincts. If it looks like a bad team, and talks like a bad team, it's most probably a bad team. Sure, I still lose about the same amount of games, but the amount of times I've found myself blaming feeders and noobs instead of the enemy team for outplaying us has noticeably dropped.

Anyone else think it's worth it?

*Losing due to noobs just because I think there's noobs is not a self-fulfilling prophecy. Those guys were legit noobs and no one can tell me otherwise :L

fakeagent1932

01-01-2013

whats ur elo

Zmorax

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJosh2 View Post
Every second game I would see an obvious noob, rager, counterpick, or bad team comp in lobby and do nothing about it. I would spend the entire game knowing that I was going to lose*, and after every one of those games I would promise myself that "next time" there's something wrong in lobby, I'll just dodge and save myself the elo. But when it came down to it, the half hour wait deterred me every time.

These days though, I always trust my instincts. If it looks like a bad team, and talks like a bad team, it's most probably a bad team. Sure, I still lose about the same amount of games, but the amount of times I've found myself blaming feeders and noobs instead of the enemy team for outplaying us has noticeably dropped.

Anyone else think it's worth it?

*Losing due to noobs just because I think there's noobs is not a self-fulfilling prophecy. Those guys were legit noobs and no one can tell me otherwise :L

So in essence nothing has changed but you feel better about dodging since you qq less then about others?

Thats pretty much what i could out of youre statement which sounds really silly.

LogicalTautology

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJosh2 View Post
You are dodging games that you think are auto-losses, and your winrate has not significantly increased.

Either you are no better than random at recognizing games you should dodge, or else you contribute no more to your team's chances of winning than a troll does.

Vorpy

01-01-2013

Too many people are crying over trolls when really thy just want to get carried to their win. So you can't win a 4v5 because you know you'll probably lose your lane? I've never dodged a game oh so you lost 10 Elo you're not good enough to win 2 games to compensate? Enough of the crying over trolls if you can't handle it move back to console games or campaign modes. If its that big of a deal and you have to dodge ten good you have a 30 min break from your computer go take a dump or make a sandwich problem solved