Sunfire Cape + Leona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enderzone

01-10-2013

Sweet. Now we just need Parrot bait.

Diana, Leona, Parrot, IronStylus, Iron Solari, Lunar Heresy, Rakkor, Eclipse, Shield of Daybreak, Zenith Blade, Solar Flare, Get in here already!

Endertome

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderzone View Post
Sweet. Now we just need Parrot bait.

Diana, Leona, Parrot, IronStylus, Iron Solari, Lunar Heresy, Rakkor, Eclipse, Shield of Daybreak, Zenith Blade, Solar Flare, Get in here already!
I could've sworn the Leona and Diana Bikini Pool Party in the OP would get him, but it hasn't worked so far.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

bump

Well thought out suggestion and not to derail another thread I'm gonna copy and paste my response here:

Quote:
probably one of the best suggestions I've read without compromising her ability to support.

The only dilemma would be items moving forward would have to be balanced around this. So far there really aren't a heck of a lot of items that do damage just by themselves - sunfire, dfg, botrk, gunblade - I'm sure I'm missing some but you get the idea. Also the new tiamat I'm guessing would be one too.

It's certainly a good suggestion and doesn't do anything to the greatness that is support leona unless riot comes out wiht a support damage item.

Endertome

01-11-2013

Honestly I don't see a damaging Support item ever coming out. It goes against the "purpose" of supports.

It's a valid concern, but I don't see it being an issue, personally. If it does come up, Support Leona could just...not get that item. I'm certain there'd be an alternative.

General Quackers

01-11-2013

I suggest adding a tad of damage to Leona's kit that would only make her jungle clear times faster, and my thread is downvoted.

This guy suggests adding a secret passive just for Leona onto Sunfire cape that would make her solo damage skyrocket and he's a hero.

wat

groggynodbegger

01-11-2013

sunfire was made for amumu he is an aoe black hole

Arcane Azmadi

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
Her passive damage isn't that high. It doesn't scale with AP or AD. Her ability damage isn't that high, though scales (kinda poorly) with AP.

All it'd do is bring her in line with other solo laners, really.
She's. Not. Supposed. To. Be. A. Solo. Laner.

Seriously, why are people asking for an change that would completely change the way a champion is supposed to be played, completely irrespective of balance? Leona was designed to work together with her teammates. This was DELIBERATE. It's a major part of her character theme. When she was first shown she was being promoted as a "pure" tank, a CC-machine who set up kills for her teammates, a defender who soaks damage and holds the enemies in place. She has a DEFENDER skin. Why the HELL are you wanting to remake her into a powerful solo champ just because you think it would be neat? And doing it by making a specific item a mandatory purchase on her? That's just a really stupid suggestion. No, it's NOT like Bonetooth Necklace because Rengar was designed specifically with Bonetooth Necklace in mind. (Also, the necklace is far from a sure thing on Rengar because it's a stacking item and will just lose him money if he doesn't get kills.)

The good news is that while Riot's balance team often does mystifying things, there's not even a MINISCULE chance that they'll consider your ridiculous suggestion for even a second. So, no worries there.

Endertome

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
She's. Not. Supposed. To. Be. A. Solo. Laner.

Seriously, why are people asking for an change that would completely change the way a champion is supposed to be played, completely irrespective of balance? Leona was designed to work together with her teammates. This was DELIBERATE. It's a major part of her character theme. When she was first shown she was being promoted as a "pure" tank, a CC-machine who set up kills for her teammates, a defender who soaks damage and holds the enemies in place. She has a DEFENDER skin. Why the HELL are you wanting to remake her into a powerful solo champ just because you think it would be neat? And doing it by making a specific item a mandatory purchase on her? That's just a really stupid suggestion. No, it's NOT like Bonetooth Necklace because Rengar was designed specifically with Bonetooth Necklace in mind. (Also, the necklace is far from a sure thing on Rengar because it's a stacking item and will just lose him money if he doesn't get kills.)

The good news is that while Riot's balance team often does mystifying things, there's not even a MINISCULE chance that they'll consider your ridiculous suggestion for even a second. So, no worries there.
Why do you hate options?

Why do you think it's good for a champion to only be played one way, when every other champion in the game can be played several ways?

The only reason she is "supposed" to be played only as a support is because she is the only champion in the entire game who cannot use her own passive. If she could somehow utilize her passive, you wouldn't be sitting there saying "NO SHE CAN ONLY BE PLAYED THIS WAY NO NO NO NO NO" with your fingers in your ears.

I'm open for discussion but this incredibly aggressive and brick-wall "status-quo is god" stance is not conducive to discussion.

As I have said many times in this thread, this change would not make Sunfire Cape a mandatory purchase for Leona. It would simply give Leona the option of buying into the ability to do what every other champion in the game can do for free. It does not change Leona's ability or builds for Support play in the least. It only adds to her options without changing what's already there.

Andrastos

02-05-2013

I support this.

I think it would add a fun interaction and help make bruiser/jungle Leona a bit more viable.

It shouldn't affect her support play at all (since not only will support Leona not be buying sunfire cape or any other damaging item in at least 90% of games, but she usually has someone around to proc her passive) but will allow her more damage when she's solo and make her less reliant on her teammates to optimize damage from her passive.

Plus, I'm in favor of encouraging characters to buy items that synergize with their lore and kit, even if it's just for their off-roles.

Endertome

02-05-2013

Yeah, the main idea behind this suggestion is to give Leona more options as a character. I particularly like Enderzone's idea that all damaging items work, not just Sunfire Cape, which opens even more options much earlier in the game (such as Machete for jungling).