Sunfire Cape + Leona

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undtoromeso

Senior Member

01-01-2013

I really don't see this happening ever. They're not going to A) modify an item to work a specific way with a specific champion unless it's game-breaking like Vayne's true damage or B) Modify a champion to work specifically with an item to kill variety in their gameplay(unless they're special)

Leona's mechanic would more likely apply her debuff THROUGH items like say Randuins, Hydra, or SS and keep the same ally-activation anyway since that's her core design, being secondary-activation support.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undtoromeso View Post
I really don't see this happening ever. They're not going to A) modify an item to work a specific way with a specific champion unless it's game-breaking like Vayne's true damage or B) Modify a champion to work specifically with an item to kill variety in their gameplay(unless they're special)

Leona's mechanic would more likely apply her debuff THROUGH items like say Randuins, Hydra, or SS and keep the same ally-activation anyway since that's her core design, being secondary-activation support.
I'm not sure you understand what I'm proposing here. It would alter absolutely nothing about how Leona's passive interacts with the abilities and attacks of other champions. This simply gives Leona the option of building into being able to function solo and thus able to perform more roles than she can currently.

Why do you think giving her more options is reducing her gameplay variety?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knote

Senior Member

01-01-2013

They could rework her passive to apply x3 stacks of her passive per ability which all get consumed by ally dmg and only consumed one at a time with her own dmg.

Buffs her jungling and allows her to self proc her passive although slower and gives soft synergy with Sunfire Cape (since it'd help optimize her passive procs by herself).

Obviously x1 stack = 1/3 the dmg it does now.

Wouldn't necessarily make Sunfire mandatory either, attack speed would also synergize.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undtoromeso

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
This simply gives Leona the option of building into being able to function solo and thus able to perform more roles than she can currently.
That is exactly what is against her core design. I'm not saying it's a wise choice, but she's designed as a completely cohesive champion with little solo utility. That's what she is. If you suggested replacing her passive entirely, that might get more support, but this is just a funky non-balancy fix for a problem she's not designed for.

Don't get me wrong, I think she's entirely capable of playing other roles. She'd be an alright jungler if S3 wasn't so horribly anti-jungle-variety. She might even be capable of winning top lane... for whatever reason you'd want to do that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

Senior Member

01-02-2013

The thing I have against changing her passive entirely is that doing so alters Leona's ability to support. She's a very strong and popular Support pick right now and I honestly see no reason to change that at all.

This kind of change would just give her special synergy with an item that is closely related to her as a concept. That's one reason why I like it so much.

I do agree with the Riot posts a while back, where they said that items which are only good on one champion are not an ideal choice. But the Sunfire Cape is good on a lot of champions.

I honestly think it would be a good change that would allow Leona to utilize her own passive while simultaneously not changing how she Supports. Because she would have to build the ability to utilize her passive herself--and thus, a Support Leona is completely unchanged from how it is now.

No other champion has a Passive which they are completely incapable of utilizing themselves. Even Syndra eventually gets to use hers, even if it's only relevant by mid-game. This would give Leona the same sort of thing -- only optional.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rastarogue

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
No other champion has a Passive which they are completely incapable of utilizing themselves.
This is my only issue with leona, so much of her damage is hidden in her passive without a way for her to get to it. It's why she has become shackled to being a support.

I like the idea, because it would only allow her to get to it, IF she chose to in either midgame or as a lategame boost. Either way, it opens up more build options.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boloney

Senior Member

01-02-2013

This suggestion actually came up several times back when Leona was first released.

Riot didn't go for it then, so I doubt they will now.

I think their reasoning is that they want Leona firmly in the support role. Being able to trigger her own passive would raise the chances of Leona getting a kill / lower the chances of her carry getting a kill. Doesn't fit well with the support role.

Maybe they'd be willing to add a "If no friendly champion is within a range of 1000 around Leona, she can trigger her passive by herself" clause? I don't know... it would be kind of cool, and would make solo lane Leona more viable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
This suggestion actually came up several times back when Leona was first released.

Riot didn't go for it then, so I doubt they will now.

I think their reasoning is that they want Leona firmly in the support role. Being able to trigger her own passive would raise the chances of Leona getting a kill / lower the chances of her carry getting a kill. Doesn't fit well with the support role.

Maybe they'd be willing to add a "If no friendly champion is within a range of 1000 around Leona, she can trigger her passive by herself" clause? I don't know... it would be kind of cool, and would make solo lane Leona more viable.
But this idea makes it optional. If you don't want to trigger your own passive as Leona, just don't build Sunfire Cape. By not building it, Leona supports exactly how she does on Live right now.

You seem to think that the thread is asking for Leona to just pop her own passive at all times like Lux does. That's not the proposal at all. My goal here is to give Leona more options without affecting her ability to Support.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beas7ie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-02-2013

I ALWAYS buy sunfire cape on Leona because it is a cape of sunfire.

I ALWAYS buy Black Cleaver on Darius and Sion because it is an Axe

I ALWAYS buy Atmas on Pantheon and Xin Zhao because it is a halberd

Come on people this is all no brainer stuff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
I ALWAYS buy sunfire cape on Leona because it is a cape of sunfire.

I ALWAYS buy Black Cleaver on Darius and Sion because it is an Axe

I ALWAYS buy Atmas on Pantheon and Xin Zhao because it is a halberd

Come on people this is all no brainer stuff.
While I see your point, I'm not sure that you actually read the post except perhaps the first sentence or two.


123456 ... 9