Ranked problems with AD Bruiser mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

J4G

01-01-2013

I'm a AP mid main, preferring champions like Anivia and Karthus. I had no trouble carrying myself up to around 1400 elo, but now I'm stuck. Whenever I queue for ranked, I frequently see an AD caster lock in for mid, like Talon or Pantheon. I know how to play a passive lane, but no matter what I do I can't evade these champions. In the past they weren't viable picks because they fell off late game, but now with Black Cleaver and other items like that they are just as strong late game as early.

I don't want to hop on the bandwagon and play one of these AD casters- I don't really enjoy them. At the same time, I don't want to give up mid. I also don't really like Diana, the only pick so far I've found that can compete with bruisers.

So watch should I do? Is there a AP champion that can hold their own against picks like talon and pantheon? Any items that shut them down? How do I avoid those ridiculous gap-closers? Please help me out.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Kat is decent in the right hand against AD bruisers, so it Chogath.

The real problem against these champions is that you must know the new match up. For example, Talon is REALLY REALLY WEAK before he can level up his skills, so autoattack and karthus q harass is really effective until level 3 or so. As for Pantheon, his spear spam hurts really bad, so getting armor seal will help your early game by a lot. Also, do not hesitate on buying a lot of hp pot just to sustain that. As Karthus your impact late game will be much greater than pantheon.

LeppyR64

01-01-2013

Don't be ashamed to buy armor. You're going to buy it eventually, why not let it save your life? The added benefit of this situation is that the other team likely wont have a lot of AP, so your team can forego MR and build just armor.

iDpark

01-01-2013

Play ryze
Turn on smartcast
Start Flask + pots Level Q
Buy Tear, Max Q, one in E , snare at 4. (When they gapclose at lv2, go ham and bounce that ball thingy)
Then rush the glacial shroud.
Catalyst-> ROA
Finish the Glacial shoud.
Win in 20 because by this point you're 10/0

Don't be afraid to buy the chain vest quick early, or the Ruby Crystal (Catalyst)

Rhavien

01-01-2013

As someone who plays ad caster mid regularly, the only ap's i HATE to lane against are Swain and Fiddlesticks. Man i hate that long range fear on Fiddle. Makes farming a *****.

TeknoWizard

01-01-2013

I've had good luck against Talons and Pantheons with Cho'Gath mid. Most of the time, they'll telegraph when thy're about to jump at you. Just toss the Q on yourself, knock them up when they jump on you, and then just yell and eat them. You're also free to just build as an AP tank and watch them do little damage to you.

Rakaydos

01-01-2013

I hate when people call Talon and Khazix bruisers. You dont send bruisers like Renekton or Wukong mid against AP. You send assasins.