Too much AP damage now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zach2007

Recruiter

01-01-2013

I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem but ever since the Force of Nature was ripped from our hearts, everyone now chooses all AP just because their is no defense for it anymore. If anyone else agrees with this than comment and like as much as possible so we can get riot to bring back some of the biggest defense items in the game. Or just nerf all of the AP champs, which will never happen.PLEASE RIOT, GIVE US OUR MAGIC RESISTANCE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Autocthon

01-01-2013

Totally seeing all AP teams... You know... Nowhere.

MR totals barely changed. You lost at best 30 MR in a general build. And you gained a significant amount of HP overall (better HP choices AND better HP+MR choices).

TealNinje

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
Totally seeing all AP teams... You know... Nowhere.

MR totals barely changed. You lost at best 30 MR in a general build. And you gained a significant amount of HP overall (better HP choices AND better HP+MR choices).
I saw an all AP team last night.

Because I was Zed, and their only AD was Varus.

So yeah, all AP team. They still lost.

Yuan Shikai

01-01-2013

lol, actually people are all about AP IS USELESS NOW and GO ALL AD TEAMS.

Kloiper

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach2007 View Post
I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem but ever since the Force of Nature was ripped from our hearts, everyone now chooses all AP just because their is no defense for it anymore. If anyone else agrees with this than comment and like as much as possible so we can get riot to bring back some of the biggest defense items in the game. Or just nerf all of the AP champs, which will never happen.PLEASE RIOT, GIVE US OUR MAGIC RESISTANCE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
They took it out, but gave Aegis an upgrade that makes up the difference in mr between FoN and the next lowes.t

Madoka Magical

01-02-2013

Bulwark is amazing, I hope you're joking
All AD teams are whats the rage, I rarely see AP anymore

Peligrad

01-02-2013

Yeah FoN is gone...which is fine...it was a toxic item anyway. Too much MR in a single slot which made it a no-brainer if you needed MR.

You've got bulwark, and new spirit visage now.

Plus some old goodies, quick silver sash (which now upgrades), BV, and AS.

There are still plenty of options.

Zach2007

Recruiter

01-02-2013

So its ok to be able to get 200 armor but not ok to get 200 magic resistance? doesnt sound very balanced to me. And these new MR items are nothing compared to the force of nature. 35 and 40 magic resistance vs. almost 80?! You guys are making it sound like this is a game of all AD when it is supposed to be about teamwork and BALANCE.

Autocthon

01-02-2013

The average MR heavy champ can reach nearly 300 MR if they're really zealous.

xRiney

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje View Post
I saw an all AP team last night.

Because I was Zed, and their only AD was Varus.

So yeah, all AP team. They still lost.
Considering it takes percent instead of raw APen and MPen into account now, AP have gotten really out of hand lately.

Void staff means - 40, + that - 15 from guise and boots totalling 70, and then runes, most mages are doing close to true damage in every game I play now.

I think the issue isnt the AP mass, its the fact that void staff still exists.