Building Vi Jungle. ON HIT!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Decizionz

12-31-2012

Hello guys,

I'd like to share my Vi jungle build with you guys. This is obviously not an end all be all build and I do change it when the need to counter build arises. Also, my build differs in 3v3 from 5v5 games. This build is also an on hit build. The text within this thread is subject to edit should I change the build and want to update yall.

In this thread I will lay out the build order for Vi jungle as I've played it. I hope that you'll be as successful with it as I am.

Starting Items are as follows: Machete and 5 health potions. (starting blue)

Once you've made the money for it, build the machete into a wriggles.

You should now clear the jungle quickly and have enough time to get some solid ganks in if you haven't already gotten a kill by level 3 or 4.

The next item in the build order is Zerker Greaves. (need as for on hit)

After the greaves you build a Static Shiv. (extra burst, plus crit and as)

After shiv you go for a Wit's End. (extra damage attack speed and mr)

Next item in the build order is Frozen Mallet. (no more running!)

Next I build Bloodthrister to acheive the sustain you need for later game. (getting it maxed should be no problem at all.)

The last two items of the build are a Trinity Force for all it's extra win-more goodies and either furor or alacrity on your boots.

I hope you guys are able to make this work like I have and enjoy how strong and bursty it is!

Bump if you like it!

Vydelar

12-31-2012

To be honest, i'm not sure if your build is that good. Before you get any decent amount of tankiness in your build order, you've already spent close to 8000 gold on a minimal amount of damage. You also don't have any cooldown reduction, or explain what your runes/masteries are on this.

Finally, your potential final build costs 18050 to do. Games don't realistically go on that long.

Decizionz

12-31-2012

You're absolutely correct i your saying that games don't realistically go on for as lon as this build may require.

For my masteries while usnig this build for Vi are 12 offense and 18 defense. I take the most simple route for selecting them by going for attack speed and damage modifiers in offense and in defense, I take the masteries that would help me clear the jungle quickly while having large amounts of health starting.

My runes are attack speed and armor pen. It's a left over jungle page I had for playing the old xin xao in jungle before his first rework.

Like I stated above. The build is subject to change and is in no way perfect. I've tried it and it works too. If you think you can improve it, post how you would change it here please. I'm open to suggestion and anything that will make playing her in jungle a smoother ride for myself and anyone else playing her in that role.

Thanks for the reply Vydelar!

Nishaven90

12-31-2012

You need tankiness in your build.

Merc Treads/Iceborn Gauntlet/Wriggles/Guardian Angel/Maw/Black Cleaver

Vydelar

12-31-2012

Honestly, in messing around, I find a good core to just be frozen + atmas. We are honestly talking about a Combo champion who's biggest strength is to go in and beat a good 20% hole into someone's face, and not really an on hit champ. I'd consider items that gave tankiness, or increasing your combo ability with cdr.

Items more like Zephyr, Last whisper due to denting blows letting you be able to even cause some damage to tanks, the maw or the scimitar, Cleaver obviously, but i'd pass on almost all sheen-based items, due to her kit relying on just getting those 3 hits asap. Zeke's herald would be a good aura to carry. Zeal to a late game phantom dancer can be useful, just for the aspd+movement.

Defensivewise, the best sheen item is the frozen gauntlets, giving tankiness and disruption with the aoe slow. I already brought up Atmas, and tossing a warmog never hurt. That and there's really not that many top end ability on hit items that exist nowadays for a bruiser champ.

Decizionz

12-31-2012

The idea of the build is centered around how a jungle should play in my opinion in the current meta. Very quick initiates with her Q and the burst from on hit and attack speed to compliment her W. lt is then used to secure a kill at which time she will move out of lane to continue jungling or move to assist in another lane.

Is it going to work all of the time? No.

@Nishaven90, You wouldn't be doing nearly the damage that you are with my build early and ganking would be a bit more difficult. Those items are usually built when counter building against certain teams. usually I do start with wriggles to drop wards in either their jungle or in a bush for one of my 5v5 teammates.

@Vydelar, Iceborn guantlets are very good. I may consider trying that out and builing it earlier to assure more successful ganks when playing her. Thank you. Also, Zephyr is a very decent item but, having already considered it, I prefer the items that I'm using. I lean less toward tanky and more toward burst because the more damage I'm doing, hopefully if all goes well, the less of my enemy i'll see in lanes or jungle.

Nishaven90

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decizionz View Post
The idea of the build is centered around how a jungle should play in my opinion in the current meta. Very quick initiates with her Q and the burst from on hit and attack speed to compliment her W. lt is then used to secure a kill at which time she will move out of lane to continue jungling or move to assist in another lane.

Is it going to work all of the time? No.

@Nishaven90, You wouldn't be doing nearly the damage that you are with my build early and ganking would be a bit more difficult. Those items are usually built when counter building against certain teams. usually I do start with wriggles to drop wards in either their jungle or in a bush for one of my 5v5 teammates.

@Vydelar, Iceborn guantlets are very good. I may consider trying that out and builing it earlier to assure more successful ganks when playing her. Thank you. Also, Zephyr is a very decent item but, having already considered it, I prefer the items that I'm using. I lean less toward tanky and more toward burst because the more damage I'm doing, hopefully if all goes well, the less of my enemy i'll see in lanes or jungle.
Tankiness and damage > Pure damage.

The way you build Vi makes it so that she won't survive in a team fight.

Cenerae

01-02-2013

You're building onhit purely to get use out of her W, but this is actually lowering your burst more than hightening it. You can smack them 3 times quickly but that won't be heavy burst at all, you don't have much AD in there.

You can play Vi as an AD assassin, and abuse her next melee aoe punches to get your 3 taps for W quickly enough. And because you actually have damage, this will crucify squishes when landed with the rest of your combo.

Onhit builds require consistent uptime on your target to pull ahead. You're not doing that as a melee with no durability.