Worst PoS anime you've watched?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Einheria Valesti

01-01-2013

Regardless of the definition of mediocre, helsing is by all accounts, a bad anime. As in, not good.

Gintama is immensely popular both here and in japan, the difference between it and Naruto/bleach is that it's not sensationalized to the extreme. It also happens to be considerably more intelligent in its humor and writing.

Who said anything about panty shots though? There's an abundance of shows out there with nary a pantsu in sight. Although that's a horrible point when talking about Naruto/Bleach since every episode has some amount of fan service in it.

People change when they grow up, you'll realize that once you've reached that point. I grew out of Harem/slice of life animes because I got a horrible case of deja vu whenever I watched them. I'm not against watching them though, in fact I'm watching Chuu-2 on the other monitor as we speak. The fact that I enjoyed them doesn't mean most of them aren't bad though. Low production values, poor writing and shoddy voice work are commonplace in the average high school drama show.

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazyUltim8 View Post
I can't believe a nazi mod moved this to off topic. **** this ****.
Me neither, can't they just delete these threads?

Like isn't there a place you can go to talk about anime?

Einheria Valesti

01-01-2013

fudgy-o u jus don't understand y animu es so gud baka desu

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

I have enjoyed anime before.

But the majority of it is awful.

Einheria Valesti

01-01-2013

I can agree with that. It's getting harder and harder to find series that're worth watching. Every time I look at each seasons schedule on new shows airing or other shows getting new seasons my anime loving childhood self dies a little

Fujiou

01-01-2013

I can't be sure whether the material is getting worse, or if I'm just becoming more mature, but I'm leaning towards the latter with a bit of the former sprinkled in there.

Most anime is geared towards children. If someone enjoys it, that's fine, but seeing anime threads all over is pretty much on par with pony threads, and it gets a little old.

Athene

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootăloo View Post
Regardless of the definition of mediocre, helsing is by all accounts, a bad anime. As in, not good.

Gintama is immensely popular both here and in japan, the difference between it and Naruto/bleach is that it's not sensationalized to the extreme. It also happens to be considerably more intelligent in its humor and writing.

Who said anything about panty shots though? There's an abundance of shows out there with nary a pantsu in sight. Although that's a horrible point when talking about Naruto/Bleach since every episode has some amount of fan service in it.

People change when they grow up, you'll realize that once you've reached that point. I grew out of Harem/slice of life animes because I got a horrible case of deja vu whenever I watched them. I'm not against watching them though, in fact I'm watching Chuu-2 on the other monitor as we speak. The fact that I enjoyed them doesn't mean most of them aren't bad though. Low production values, poor writing and shoddy voice work are commonplace in the average high school drama show.
Gintama is immensely popular if you're already an anime watcher. Naruto and Bleach have aired all across the world, and are the most-watched animes ever made. Maybe Gintama is better when analysed, but it doesn't appeal to children the way those two do.

Stating that people change as they grow up, which is exactly what my previous point was, doesn't help your arguement in the slightest. First you said you think all the slice of life etc. animes are horrible (wait, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF K-ON!!) and now you're saying that you're watching Chuu-2 right now. Calling an anime that you enjoy bad is contradictory; if it appeals to you, and you say it's unappealing, that's a lie. I hardly see any shoddy voice work unless you're watching poorly-done english dubs, poor writing is the same. Sure there's a couple bad animes out there, of course there are (School Days i'm pointing a finger at you) but that hardly means all of them are bad.

Einheria Valesti

01-01-2013

Well depressingly enough 90% of new shows airing are the same tired old cliched moe blob high school shtick.

It's hard enough to find a new show that's unique in it's presentation or idea. They all just fall back on tried and true (but still boring and predictable) tropes =/

Athene

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiou View Post
I can't be sure whether the material is getting worse, or if I'm just becoming more mature, but I'm leaning towards the latter with a bit of the former sprinkled in there.

Most anime is geared towards children. If someone enjoys it, that's fine, but seeing anime threads all over is pretty much on par with pony threads, and it gets a little old.
Well as people get older, younger people take their place. You think it's getting old, while younger people are just getting into it. It's all about perspective. And pony threads are pointless; at least anime threads start discussions, and introduce people to new genres that they might have otherwise overlooked.

Athene

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootăloo View Post
Well depressingly enough 90% of new shows airing are the same tired old cliched moe blob high school shtick.

It's hard enough to find a new show that's unique in it's presentation or idea. They all just fall back on tried and true (but still boring and predictable) tropes =/
Just wondering.

Have you tried Zetsuen no Tempest?

Or Jojos bizarre adventure?