Karthus - when to go back

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beeetee

01-01-2013

Hi I've been playing a lot of Karthus recently and I need some advice on when to go back and buy.

Currently I'm staying in the lane as long as I can (safely) until I farm 2800 gold for RoA. Which is my first item after my boots and 3 pots at the beginning of the game.

Where I get some confusion is actually when I'm doing extremely well. I reached 2900 gold at 11-12mins and I was at full health (3 health pots that I bought when the game started) and 75% mana.

I chose in that situation to go back and get the RoA. Should I have gone back, or should I stayed to farm farm farm farm some more till someone gives me a reason to go back.

TeknoWizard

01-01-2013

Probably best to back at that point. People will be a bit tankier by 11-12 minutes, so you probably need that bt of extra AP to make sure your ult hurts when you pop it.

Kensai07

01-01-2013

If you are getting kills without items, there is no reason to go B until necessary.

When you are losing kills because you have 3k gold and no AP it's time to B, even if you're still full.

Gold does nothing when it's in inventory, if you are snowballing without spending it, then getting a little more farm is fine, but if you are losing kills and CS where the extra AP/HP/MP might help, it's time to B.

Qsario

01-01-2013

Note also that RoA stacks over time, so it'll stack up faster the sooner you get it.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

^what they said, get the RoA when you can get it. Don't delay this one.

yoshi guy

01-02-2013

After your first pentakill usually go back.

RedHaro

01-02-2013

go back to get your tears of the goddess... then Q spam/farm til you run out of mana, go back.. rinse and repeat.

you charge up your tears and get CS.