Why do people say Sej isn't viable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninterndofreak64

01-01-2013

Hey guys, this is just a question to the community. I just hit silver (1154) and I worked my way there using Sejuani as a jungler. I can fill the other roles support top mid or ADC. I'm just wondering why though everytime I picked Sej between the Elo's 1000 and 1100 people claimed she wasn't viable. Yes her early game isn't nearly as strong as other good junglers, but her mid and late game more than make up for it.
So, the question is why "isn't sej viable?"
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/27291587#history

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-01-2013

Because her early jungle is atrocious. Any counterjungler is going to utterly crush her.

Valley Girl Swag

01-01-2013

Sej is not viable at all lol I'd pick hecarim over her any day, riding a horse is better anyways

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Actually Sej is viable now, the changes in S3 helped her a ton as well as the buff they gave her to her armor. People will say she is not viable, but thats mostly due to them remembering how she was in
S3. her early jungle is good if you can manage to use your charge properly, that helps out her clear time a ton. I play her in jungle and even when counter jungled, I still do well. When you get counter jungled your team should be willing to keep that in mind and help you out some to let you catch up. Honestly though, I think she is very underrated now. Also being able to land her ult helps a ton, that can be a huge game changer in teamfights.

Jicy Jy

01-02-2013

Sej is great, have a buddy who plays her well. The ult is great. Early game might be weak, butt late game more than makes up for it.

OriginalJack

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Because her early jungle is atrocious. Any counterjungler is going to utterly crush her.
Ehhh yeah sort of... but a lot of junglers have weak early games now and Sej is hardly the only jungler that gets really hurt by counter jungling. Counter jungling is really brutal right now.

imo Sej's main problem is her role is supposed to be a tanky cc bot but she doesn't actually have any defensive skills to make her tanky. Most of the complaints I heard about her kind of stem from that problem. She needs to be right in the middle of things to really make her damage and cc count but that's really unsafe until she's built some tanky items but it's hard to get those items built quickly in the current jungle without some really good luck.

Flagrock

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
imo Sej's main problem is her role is supposed to be a tanky cc bot but she doesn't actually have any defensive skills to make her tanky. Most of the complaints I heard about her kind of stem from that problem. She needs to be right in the middle of things to really make her damage and cc count but that's really unsafe until she's built some tanky items but it's hard to get those items built quickly in the current jungle without some really good luck.
That's a similar issue to Amumu. He has E to be "tanky" but reducing dmg by 8 for physical attacks does very little. He isn't tanky unless you get a good amount of items and if you do he's godly and unstoppable (thus why you ban him).

Sej is a decent jungler. The only problem I see with her is she is not that tanky but she brings perma-slow. Tbh, her cc/slows imo have a better use in team fights that Alistar. Ali can only lock down 1 target for a little bit while she can slow everyone while locking down someone/groups with her ult. If you can play her she's extremely strong, but her early game is a bit weaker because of no tankiness and then you have to be good. I'm glad someone's bring back Sej to the scene, but tbh there are better picks in the jungle for teams comps and are easier to play and that's why people don't play her. I'd rather an Amumu or a Lee Sin who both have their very strong points in game whether late game monster or early game god.

WHOTHEFKISDORAN

01-02-2013

Very nice stats !

Sejuani is good at the moment. The only problem with is the early clear.
Any counterjungle will put her behind + she's definitely not a great duelist early on.

Everything gets better quickly though, as long as you max E first, you clear camps very fast and actually get some good 1v1 damage + all the slows.

You are building her correctly, but i would suggest a much faster sunfire cape.

Akajar

01-02-2013

I play sej often and after lvl 2 clear times are fast. Ever if I get counter jungle I can make up for it by ganking hopefully. I also find her better with tank ap items. She's defiantly viable with her ultimate plus her ultimately if used correctly.