Draft Style Mode Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uzi Ooze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Hey i'm pretty sure someone has already made a post about this but, whatever just wanna get the thought out there again. There should be more ban for Draft style gaming types we are at 109 champs now and 6 bans that is not even 10% of the champs it need to be bumped up to 8 bans total at the very least 10 may be to many at this point in time. yes, yes i know that 8 is not 10% either but 8 bans total would be more then enough to help with keeping current champs that interfere with team comps you are trying to run not just the op champs.

would like to hear peoples thought on this or maybe i'm the only person think this would keep games fresh.

Thanks for the read

ChiSqrd

01-01-2013

6 bans is fine. Morgana and Shen really aren't OP anymore and are rather easy to deal with. So the champs that I would ban right now would be Blitzcrank, Malphite, Amumu, Alistar, and Jayce. As for the 6th ban, I would ban someone who is a counter to a lane. Or Darius.

AeonTek

01-01-2013

If anything they should increase the number of champs on free week

PwningPoro

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
6 bans is fine. Morgana and Shen really aren't OP anymore and are rather easy to deal with. So the champs that I would ban right now would be Blitzcrank, Malphite, Amumu, Alistar, and Jayce. As for the 6th ban, I would ban someone who is a counter to a lane. Or Darius.
Jayce? why not shen?

Uzi Ooze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixForever View Post
Jayce? why not shen?
Well Shen is containable top by champs that can stop his uti it is wasted when he channels it i dont ban him as much anymore especially in ranked 5's

Causing Panic

01-01-2013

i think 6 bans is fine, if it increases, all thats going to happen is just what happens now 90% time the same exact champs will ban only causing people with certain champs to not be able to play them.

bans (imo) should be used to help your team comp not just ban the extremely op champs like it is now. for example when im the person banning champs and i dont plan on playing mid or top, i usually ban lee sin just because i dont trust my team into not getting ganked 100 times by him

adc

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
Blitz isn't op. Malphite isn't op. Amumu isn't op. Alistar isn't even that good anymore - they're even buffing him next patch. Jayce isn't op, though he's ok. Darius isn't op.

To OP: ban heroes that you think your team will have trouble with. If that means banning amumu because you think your team is a bunch of braindead fools who can't walk 3 steps away from the closest teammate, do it. But don't fall into the trap of thinking he's OP. Increasing the number of bans would allow for teams to ban out the other team's best player and have more left over. Say I'm TPA, playing against WE. I believe that Misaya is their best player (no idea if he is or not, just picking one). I can then ban Ahri, Ryze, and TF - suddenly he's got none of the champions he's known for.

Now, that would be OK, because that's all 3 bans. But increasing the number of bans would allow you to ban out Misaya AND part of another player's roster as well.

ChiSqrd

01-02-2013

They aren't OP, but they are banworthy. People are too stupid to have good ward coverage to make up for a Blitzcrank on the enemy team and the radius on Amumu ult makes it hard to deal with. I didn't even say they were OP. Jayce should be banned because he counters almost every top lane champ because of his ranged/melee capabilities. And these aren't pro games, the average players don't ban Orianna or TF because they are high skill cap champs and require good team work.

Chronjob

01-02-2013

Personally I think 6 is fine. As others have brought up, the rational for banning has less to do with the number of available champions and more with disrupting particular counters and strategies.