Best bot lane choice in blind pick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coolh4x0r

01-03-2013

This is in the SR forum, so obviously this is a ADC/Support combo for bot lane in SR. I'm currently lvl 17, so assume this is without runes or full masteries. Imo it's MF + AP Sona, as they have poke (both q's, MF e) sustain (sona w) and burst (both ults + MF 3 other skills and sona q). the only problem i see it they're pretty passive before lvl 6, but can still poke effectively. I want honest answers, as i'm trying to improve my bot lane skills. no troll pairs pls (i.e. sona + soraka,)

adc

01-03-2013

Caitlyn/Nunu. So much poke and you win every trade because of Nunu.

But you really should start playing draft.

Coolh4x0r

01-03-2013

doesn't that lane have no sustain? and i'll start playing draft when i hit 20 and know counters and runes and stuff. oh, and when i've decided on a main.

adc

01-03-2013

All Draft means is that you can see the other team's picks, and you can ban some heroes. You don't need to have runes or know how to counterpick. You just don't want to be playing Katarina if the enemy chooses, say, Cho'Gath or Kassadin mid lane. Counterpicks don't really mean that much, especially at your level, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Draft mode is the mode you use in Ranked, so it'd be better to get quite accustomed to it.

As to the sustain point: Who needs sustain? Caitlyn starts boots 3 pots, and then she just out-trades the enemy all the time because of blood boil and the snowball. 1.0 AS with 80 damage is going to beat .4 AS with 80 damage every time.

NARHAR

01-03-2013

Singed + anyone

Zaphery

01-03-2013

Janna/Blitzcrack/Alistar is the only support I see working with anyone
Nunu with any ranged auto attacker is usually good especially if they have early game range (Kog'maw and Caitlyn come to mind)
Aggressive supports with early game crowd control like Taric/Leona/Alistar are good for carries with early game burst and/or gap closers (Ezreal, Graves, Corki, Tristana)
Heal Lanes with someone that scales well into late game works well too.
Recently I have seen a couple of bot lane Amumu. Works well with aggressive carries if he can land his bandage toss combo.

Personally I love an aggressive support lane so I'm going to have to go with a Tristana/Leona just because I while Leona unloads all her stuns, I can just burst them down.

BrofessorF

01-03-2013

when me and my friend play SR its usually ezreal or varus and leona or sejuani(sej really isnt that amazing, he is just really good with her)

Coolh4x0r

01-03-2013

thanks for all the info people! gonna save up some ip to buys some of these champs!

Fate000

01-03-2013

Nami + Caitlyn is good. Tidecaller's Blessing + Caitlyn's Headshot and long AA range = extreme poking. Just nobody realizes it when I give them Tidecaller's and never pokes...