Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riven Nerf Shouldn't happen because of this

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Empyrius

01-01-2013

it breaks her background if you nerf her.

"She entered battles without any trace of doubt in her mind: no ethical pause, no fear of death. "

If you make her decide when to go into battle then shes pausing and showing fear.

Im Contributing

01-01-2013

Lore doesn't decide whether or not a freaking champion gets nerfed or not. No champion should be 100% safe to play with no risk of dying. It makes the game toxic.

x1HitWonder

01-01-2013

I still don't think she should be nerfed. They're plenty of top lane players to shut riven down and a few ranged adc that she can't even touch if you're good with them. Plenty of ways to counter riven as long as you play teamwise/tactical. A lot of people just rush into a fight or initiate a team fight and they won't focus and just say OP. You can't say OP just because you died. If anyone is OP it's garen but Riven doesn't need a nerf that would just ruin her. Possibly add A LITTLE cooldown but to much will make her horrible.

Kaalika

01-01-2013

Quote:
HamrioMusica:
Lore doesn't decide whether or not a freaking champion gets nerfed or not. No champion should be 100% safe to play with no risk of dying. It makes the game toxic.

Since when is Riven 100% safe? lol

TreemeisterLOL

01-01-2013

I think he is joking...I hope he is joking.

Kaalika

01-01-2013

The problem is that Riven is a top and a jungle, but if she gets nerfed then she won't be a jungle anymore and she already gets shut down a lot as a top. I don't see how people have such problems with her, I get killed a ton.

She's nowhere near strong enough to need nerfs, the only complaints were when the Black Cleaver could stack insanely.

Tadiken

01-01-2013

Quote:
x1HitWonder:
I still don't think she should be nerfed. They're plenty of top lane players to shut riven down and a few ranged adc that she can't even touch if you're good with them. Plenty of ways to counter riven as long as you play teamwise/tactical. A lot of people just rush into a fight or initiate a team fight and they won't focus and just say OP. You can't say OP just because you died. If anyone is OP it's garen but Riven doesn't need a nerf that would just ruin her. Possibly add A LITTLE cooldown but to much will make her horrible.

Mind you, comparatively, riven is statistically overpowered. Just saying. Though this hard of a nerf is far from needed.

Tadiken

01-01-2013

Quote:
Kaalika:
The problem is that Riven is a top and a jungle, but if she gets nerfed then she won't be a jungle anymore and she already gets shut down a lot as a top. I don't see how people have such problems with her, I get killed a ton.

She's nowhere near strong enough to need nerfs, the only complaints were when the Black Cleaver could stack insanely.

The nerf won't effect her jungle that much, considering her shield also got buffed. also, repeating myself here, but, riven is statistically overpowered. The actual nerf is overkill though.