Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is Ashe such a popular pick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

01-01-2013

Bcause she only costs 450 IP and isn't Sivir.

ChiSqrd

01-01-2013

Nunu Ashe is actually pretty good as demonstrated by M5 and I've tried it myself. But the reason why she is played so much is because when someone is forced to go ADC, its either Ashe, because she is only 450 IP, or Tristana because she is free to get.

Snarglefargen

01-01-2013

Because every player who hates adc and is terrible at it buys her just so they can role fill if they absolutely have too. I am almost to the point of dodging everytime I see Ashe on my team.

PwningPoro

01-01-2013

she isnt countered by sivir/twitch......also she is liked for her utility....her job is to make sure no one gets away.....people to lazy to buy frozen mallet.........but her free cv that grants gold on kills and her ulti are why people love her....at least why i play her but i'm a cait lover more so then ashe XD

PwningPoro

01-01-2013

dat hurricane

Horntail777

01-01-2013

Her Ult is what makes her so powerful in Team Fights.

Proxy345

01-01-2013

Why not pick her? Ashe is actually a safe choice and quite strong if she has 18AD from reds and quints plus masteries,starting off with 68AD from level one. I've been picking her alot lately due to her CC,I find it very useful in so many situations and she can make teamfights in her teams favor,if she has a more CC orientated team.

Uncanny Doom

01-01-2013

She farms easy, is easy to use, can scout the map, has extremely high utility with her ult, and a perma slow. If you get ganked or caught with Ashe it's almost always your mechanics at fault. It's very easy for her to keep distance and as long as your support doesn't pick a silly champ that doesn't synergize with her you should do fine in the laning phase and be ready for team fights, which is something Ashe does very well.

Vayven

01-01-2013

EDIT: The most gratifying thing about Ashe is firing her ult at the backside of a turret where people tend to recall when they have low health and getting a kill.

I love Ashe. She is my main and I have had some pretty incredible games with her. You need to play her correctly early to be a late-game monster.

Her late game team fights are her strength. Her W (Volley) applies the effect her Q has (Frost Shot) and increases normal damage, and it has a low cool down. This allows her to slow up to 7 targets and deal a good amount of damage. Hawkshot is incredibly useful when reappearing in lane to check brush to avoid ganks.

Ashe is good when you can utterly stop a fleeing target with both her Q and her R, too. Another great thing about her is her W can travel through walls; a fleeing enemy can cut through the brush and run while you can shadow in lane and volley through and slow them or perhaps kill them.

In the late game, I typically have about 350 damage per shot with Ashe at about 1.98 attack speed, not to mention her slowing her enemies from ever getting away.

Shadowed Ruby

01-01-2013

I find Ashe to not be very fun to support, most times because the players on her are only there because ADC was the last role to be filled.

Plus, while other ADC's are viable with a wider range of support, Ashe doesn't work as well with as many. (Experience speaking)