I need tips for Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

What is Studying

01-05-2013

Normally I do not play mid at all but just recently I was forced into it during ranked and grabbed Ahri. I enjoyed the game, even though we lost. I started to play her in more games and I find that during the laning phase, I am unstoppable. My cs is at the 10/per minute average while laning and I am able to roam and pick up kills here and there. However, I cannot seem to carry during late game. Each game ends up in a lose because it goes mid to late game and I can't seem to perform to my highest potential as a AP Carry. What suggestions can you guys give that would improve my mid to late game dominance?

No Ganks Pls

01-05-2013

Unless you are fed, you are going to become a bruiser late game.

What is Studying

01-06-2013

bump

anemone

01-06-2013

Well any tips start in laning, and work from there.

Are you using her combo correctly? You should never throw more than a q unless you hit a charm first. You charm + immediately q into an ult, foxfire, ult, etc.

Never use your ult three times in a row, unless you're running away clearly. Always try to throw something in between.

Ahri also needs some magic pen. Her return on her q is true damage, but try building an abbysal sceptre, it works great with your foxfire seeing as her ap scalings aren't the best. (Especially on her ult, ugh it was nerfed so hard since her release.) Besides, magic pen on APs is predominant in season 3.

She's really great late game especially if your laning was as good as you said. Simple champ, I've played her since summoner 4 and still consider her in my main 3.

adc

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by anemone View Post
Well any tips start in laning, and work from there.

Are you using her combo correctly? You should never throw more than a q unless you hit a charm first. You charm + immediately q into an ult, foxfire, ult, etc.

Never use your ult three times in a row, unless you're running away clearly. Always try to throw something in between.

Ahri also needs some magic pen. Her return on her q is true damage, but try building an abbysal sceptre, it works great with your foxfire seeing as her ap scalings aren't the best. (Especially on her ult, ugh it was nerfed so hard since her release.) Besides, magic pen on APs is predominant in season 3.

She's really great late game especially if your laning was as good as you said. Simple champ, I've played her since summoner 4 and still consider her in my main 3.
Never throw more than a Q? If you miss Ahri's W when you're trying to hit the enemy, I think you should reevaluate what you need to work on.

Vizzlepeez

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Never throw more than a Q? If you miss Ahri's W when you're trying to hit the enemy, I think you should reevaluate what you need to work on.
No friends

What is Studying

01-06-2013

Great suggestion to work on casting more spells in between ult dashes. That is something I noticed that I was not doing after rewatching a few matches

anemone

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
If you don't hit the charm, you're going to lose the trade. Common sense.

anemone

01-06-2013

OP I stalked a little, and in the last game you had with Ahri you built no magic pen besides the boots. You need magic pen.

adc

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by anemone View Post
If you don't hit the charm, you're going to lose the trade. Common sense.
Clearly, but if you can't hit your W, what chance do you have of hitting the charm?