Duo Mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mamie Jeadows

12-31-2012

After a few arams, I came across a match where I traded for an Orianna, and there was a Katarina on my team.
I basiclly told the Kat to tell me when he would go in, he did. The Amumu who was on my team did a great initiate and got all 5 of them in it, Kat waited for the cc to be used, while I shot my ball in, used my w, then shileded Kat right when he shunpo'd in, then as he started his ult I popped shockwave and their whole team got destroyed. This was when we both only hit 6 so none of us were fed.

It's just such a shame that you can't have Kat and Orianna on the same team. But! If you were to duo mid, Kat would find it really easy to farm as they will have a shield. They would completley destroy in teamfights.
But if theres 2 mid, then solo bot? You could just not have a jungler, but if top was having a hard time it would be hard to really help, yeah the other mid could go roam but a jungler really helps.
I could see a solo top and bot, with a duo mid and junger though. Maybe something like Kat Ori mid, Jax top, Khazix bot and a Nocturne jungler.

Wombo combo??

The Katori combo would completley split up their team and Khazix and Jax could jump on the people who arn't with their team.

I'm not at platinum elo or anything but this would be viable wouldn't it?

KnightxSScarlett

01-01-2013

Dude, there are so many viable things that people ignore because it's not the meta. Your idea has awesome ult combo.

Other combos that I've done (and worked):
Ryze/Karthus mid
Rammus/DPS top
Nunu/Alistar jungle
Ashe/Talon bot

PrinceOfUruk

01-01-2013

Ideas are completely viable like that but the entire team would need to be built to fit it, and of course your gonna have tons of disadvantages, and usually in solo que it'll anger people, unless you somehow get a good fun team, which is rare.

ifeelsmited

01-01-2013

The one draw back from having 2 mid is its usually reserved for apc. They need to lvl their abilities to have the most effect. With sharing the exp you would be behind in that reguard.Having said that people do fall into the "It isnt the meta so its fail" catagory.I would like the idea of 2 jungles though that could make for some dynamic laning phases.

adc

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Dude, there are so many viable things that people ignore because it's not the meta. Your idea has awesome ult combo.

Other combos that I've done (and worked):
Ryze/Karthus mid
Rammus/DPS top
Nunu/Alistar jungle
Ashe/Talon bot
There's a difference between it "working" at your level of play and it being viable at all levels of play.

Ryze and Karthus both need a large amount of farm to be very effective later into the game. If your lane opponent isn't a piece of trash player and doesn't feed you kills, you're both going to be behind in levels and gold and they'll win.

Rammus top - silly. Unless you're soloing bottom lane, you're wasting an entire income source and putting yourself at a late game disadvantage.

Nunu/Ali jungle - you're leaving your bottom lane solo, and no ADC is going to be able to handle that. If you stick a bruiser there instead, you now have no ADC, and thus no late game damage.

Ashe/Talon bot - this is the most "viable" of all your suggestions. The only problem with this is that if you don't get any kills, Talon is going to fall off, and he's going to fall off /hard/. He won't get any CS, and if he does, Ashe is going to be even more useless until later in the game.

The meta is the meta for a reason. It's not because some pro woke up some day and said to a bunch of other pros "let's do this, make everyone look like idiots LOL!" The meta takes as much advantage as you possibly can of the 4 income sources in the game.

KnightxSScarlett

01-01-2013

The meta is the meta for a reason. That's why the meta never changes right?

adc

01-01-2013

In League of Legends, when you say "meta", it refers to the lane setups, rather than what it generally refers to in other games. The only time I can think of that the current meta was less advantageous than another was the first preseason patch, when Black Cleaver was pretty broken.

After they fixed that, it was more advantageous to follow the current meta, to have late game damage from the ADC, a person with 0 income needed protecting him, a mid lane APC, a top laner, and a jungler. It took us quite a while to arrive at this through lots of experimentation - I remember the S1 championships when top lane Malzahar was run by a top level team. Nowadays, that's unheard of, and for good reason.

When something better than the current meta appears, the pros will, more than likely, find it quite quickly. They'll do number crunching and figure out what's best, try new things, etc. The difference is, a pro player is a pro player. They're going to know intuitively whether or not something is going to work at all. You may or may not know that. Remember support Zyra? Or the fact that, until the pros started doing it, Black Cleaver was still considered bad after the patch? But then some high level streamers started spamming cleavers and calling it the League of Cleavers, and it stuck within a day.

Phoenix0Wright

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
When something better than the current meta appears, the pros will, more than likely, find it quite quickly. They'll do number crunching and figure out what's best, try new things, etc. The difference is, a pro player is a pro player. They're going to know intuitively whether or not something is going to work at all. You may or may not know that. Remember support Zyra? Or the fact that, until the pros started doing it, Black Cleaver was still considered bad after the patch? But then some high level streamers started spamming cleavers and calling it the League of Cleavers, and it stuck within a day.
Who were you talking to that ever said S3 Black Cleaver was bad o_0? Anyways, pro players don't automatically know if something is bad or not. They test new stuff out all the time. That doesn't mean they're going to pull some crazy strategy like 5 ADCs in a tournament, but good players are always looking for ways to change the meta or catch their opponents off guard.

That being said, the meta has been pretty stable for a long time because it's optimal. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying new things out, but if you do then you need to recognize if your new strategy is working A) because it's good B) because the other team blows C) luck, or some combination of the three. There's a difference between testing stuff out and ruining ranked games because "No I promise ADC Annie is a thing I tried it and went legendary once".

adc

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix0Wright View Post
Who were you talking to that ever said S3 Black Cleaver was bad o_0? Anyways, pro players don't automatically know if something is bad or not. They test new stuff out all the time. That doesn't mean they're going to pull some crazy strategy like 5 ADCs in a tournament, but good players are always looking for ways to change the meta or catch their opponents off guard.

That being said, the meta has been pretty stable for a long time because it's optimal. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying new things out, but if you do then you need to recognize if your new strategy is working A) because it's good B) because the other team blows C) luck, or some combination of the three. There's a difference between testing stuff out and ruining ranked games because "No I promise ADC Annie is a thing I tried it and went legendary once".
Black Cleaver was bad in S2, and I never heard any shift from that until the pros started going on about League of Cleavers.

A pro player will know intuitively whether or not something they're doing is really ****ing stupid or not. Like buying PD on a support champion, for example. But they'll know these things for much smaller changes than the average player, in general.