How To Fiora?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

01-10-2013

The thing with Fiora is that, due to how she must be built, she is extremely fragile. However, she has great damage output in a fight. The biggest thing you need to learn with Fiora is timing and precision. You can't just jump into a teamfight off the bat because you'll most likely get focused down and killed before you can do anything.

If instead, you wait for the right moment - when the enemy team is all CC'd, busy, or have just expended major cooldowns - and pick the right target? You'll collect easy kills and still have your ult to use as a defensive measure. Yes, it does great damage. However, it's also a garunteed 'stop focusing me' button. It's Fiora's only real defence in a teamfight as well as being her biggest offensive skill.

Treat her somewhat like you would have treated the old Katarina, and you should see good results. Another alternative is to play her as a split pusher with a ravenous hydra. She doesn't have much for escaping with, but her 1v1 damage is pretty strong when her ult is up, and if you're decently farmed they will have to send someone stronger than you to get you off the towers, if not 2-3 people outright. And if left alone, like a Yi, she melts towers.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Quote:
Ayestes
some good points but there is also some stuff i disagree with:
Quote:
Blade Waltz does not allow critical strikes
her blade waltz does proc critical strikes fyi

don't believe me go to a game get a sword of the divine, turn on legacy damage display:

trigger SOD then ult the first 3 strikes proc critical damage the last 2 do not.

BORK doesn't apply when u splash from hydra/tiamats.
---Bork applies to initial target only and yes it does trigger off of blade waltz per hit.

Quote:
Remember that the animation for the Hydra active is based on your attack speed
interesting theory on when it triggers, ive tested it with E triggers and max attack speed: the time delay never changed for me. {the item has a natural cast time before it triggers}

Ayestes

01-11-2013

Interesting, I'll have to test it with Blade Waltz. Maybe only part of the damage crits, and/or maybe just the SotD somehow triggers crits.

Yeah, BotRK doesn't trigger on the Tiamat splash. I get it for the lane domination, insane life steal, and the active. Seriously underrated item on a champion that can utilize it fully. If it seemed like I inferred this, I apologize.

I've tested the Hydra active, and personally I wasn't sure of what I was experiencing since I have no real way to test it beyond anecdotal evidence. It always felt as if the animation could be cancelled quicker. Then I read some other guide where they found the same thing, so I'm inclined to believe it to be true. Very difficult to test though.

I also tend to use my actives right on the last Blade Waltz (to maximize damage output). I think I'm actually able to use them during Blade Waltz, but I may be mistaking that for the end of Blade Waltz where I'm able to do things regardless. I wasn't sure about this one and I haven't tested it so I didn't mention this. Would be a good thing to test though too.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Bork is a strong item, in 1 v 1 situations however i rather rush Brutalize to maximize Armour pen early {as Armour scales per lvl on champs} this way you are still beating their natural Armour up till lvl 14~

hydra splash for life-steal is underrated as well in a 1 v 1 fight in a minion wave {not ideal but can be thanks to splash} -- this happens in lane trades more often.

hyra is casually my first item completed in lane then vamp scepter into bt

you can trigger hydra during your ult as well as cast ignite, even trigger bork ect.
ive done stuff like this to finish off the first target or very low targets {to maximize her ult hits thus splash for max damage}
ie to hit 5 different targets.

Ayestes

01-11-2013

Yeah I pick up Brutalizer (and even Phage occasionally) before any major item completions quite often. I do value BotRK over Hydra though probably just due to cost and dueling potential. In the end it all depends on the situation though. That's a major key that many need to focus on, adapting the build based on how the game is moving.

Good to confirm what I suspected about item actives during Blade Waltz.

StrmCkr

01-11-2013

Quote:
That's a major key that many need to focus on, adapting the build based on how the game is moving.
agreed