New to champion: Rengar - how to I make him less squishy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fatherdarius

02-24-2014

So I picked up Rengar on a sale a while back, played him a couple of times. Even against bots I found him fun but rather squishy.

Any suggestions on builds to give him some some bulk/tank/heft without severely affecting his usefulness?

Thanks in advance.

-fatherdarius

kitten0

02-24-2014

Hes an assassin hes SUPPOSED to be squishy. Your not supposed to tank your supposed to insta kill the other teams adc thats all. If you want build him tanky some people do it but if you do you will fail at insta killing the other teams adc and your just useless pretty much

BloodLynx

02-25-2014

Hey, I have been playing Rengar a fair bit lately. Kitten0 is right but sometimes you just have to be tankier for the team. I played support Rengar just to try something different and I had a Teemo, Ez, Syndra, and Elise on my team. So I was going to be a support tank. We won and I went 7/5/30 with this build:

Merc treads w/ alacrity, Sightstone, Iceborn Gauntlet, Spirit Visage, Warmog's, & Bonetooth Necklace

I am still experimenting with him though. Any tips would be appreciated.

Guyron

02-26-2014

I don't know if any of you guys watch streams or LCS or anything but back when he was played in LCS and even now when high elo streamers play him or there is one in the game they pretty much always build tanky if he is played in the top lane. If you build squishy against many of the popular top laners you will get wrecked. Its just the way the current meta is working.

Cano23

02-26-2014

The build path for him use to be sunfire spirit visage mercs:
Ninja and bone tooth necklace. He was pretty broken but tankgar was nerfed awhile back as so was damage rengar so he is kinda and odd spot right now