Low Elo and Getting Worse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bananaz

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollGamingInc View Post
Hey man, my best advice for you is to find a group of friends or a team to play with so that they allow you to focus into that one position on which you have become very great at. If you want to run it sometime with me and my team, we are looking for a top laner. Add me as a friend if you would like to play.
Playing with people in a coordinated way would be really cool! I will add you next time I log on!

Bananaz

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhWall View Post
I did the EXACT same thing last season. I hit 30 in a few weeks of playing and made the mistake of doing ranked right off the bat. Killed my elo and kept me in "elo hell" for a long time.

I eventually stopped playing ranked and decided to focus on 3-4 champs that can play multiple roles and learn those roles well (Top, jungle mostly). I more or less mastered those champs (Lee sin, Olaf, Kayle) and those are now my champs I play with in ranked and I am doing well this season.

I suggest going back to the basics like other people have suggested. Stick to unranked for a while. Find some champions that you are COMFORTABLE with and learn them well. I always think its a great idea to learn how to jungle and support. Those are the "utility" roles that you will normally play if you are last/second last pick. And a good jungler has the ability to sway a game into a win.
Sounds good! There have definitely been champions I felt really uncomfortable playing and there have been some champions I have clicked with INSTANTLY (Riven and Renekton both felt so natural even on my first game with them) so I see both sides of the spectrum.

Bananaz

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madraac View Post
If you are seeing a lot of people with 300+ cs then I am assuming you are running into long games of 45 minutes plus a lot too. As a game progresses, you should still be able to maintain a top 3 CS spot, especially if on the winning side. If you are dropping ELO and losing matches, your CS will often naturally go down as you are trying to farm at a tower, or as you said, waiting for that next team fight.
Yeah, most games tend to last into the 45+ minute range or it ends as a surrender at 20 with the latter being less common. Learning to farm at tower is still a work in progress. I understand the tower takes 3 shots to kill warrior minions and 2 to kill caster minions. My problem isn't attacking right before the lethal shot from the tower, its knowing when to attack minions that have already been injured that start taking fire from the turret. I can never figure out how much damage the turret will accurately do to a minion thats already taken damage. It makes it difficult to last hit those minions. Other than that, I usually get most if not all minions in a wave now. [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that you should look to go into your jungle or clear waves when you can, and you have to learn that balance of clearing a wave or jungle camp, versus being ready for a teamfight. If you are concerned with being out of position and / or being ganked, make sure that your support is buying wards and placing them. If you know the other team is making heavy use of wards and you are not dying much, look to pick up an Oracle's elixir to remove their wards. You will potentially break even on the cost pending how many wards you remove.
That needs to be one of my next focuses. I always remind myself to remember to buy elixirs when I have extra money BEFORE the game starts, but once I get into it, I often forget to buy elixirs. Oracle's could have saved my life SOOO many times, but I always forget. I just need to find a way to remember more.

Quote:
Also, when you are trying to last hit and farm later in the game, look for movespeed items that will help you get in, clear, and get out. If the opposing team is building their PD sooner, they have more mobility and faster time to catch you. At the same time, Champs like Teemo with any sort of AS can farm waves quickly, with the poison damage and then W to get out, so this could be based on some of your team or opponent compositions.
Fair enough, are Boots of Mobility ever a good option? Obviously I would upgrade to Merc's once lategame teamfights become the norm, but this would allow me much faster movement to get to where I need to go. I haven't ever tried them because...well...I've never actually seen anyone buy them. Except for a Soraka once, but I only remember that because I thought it seemed strange.

Quote:
Last point, if you are getting underfarmed and/or lacking in champ kills, let your team know that you need to farm. I have run support and ended up with my all time record of 4CS at the end of a 45+ minute game. We were getting pushed and underfarmed, but we were only down in champ kills by about 4 - 5 kills for most of the game. As the other team never pushed, we ended up coming back, grabbing an ace, and pushed their mid all the way back and won about 5 - 10 minutes later with an even champ score. Throughout that game the jungle kept calling that he needed to farm as he got behind as did our ADC. We allowed them to catch up and so did the enemy and it cost them the game. At the end of the day, it is a team game, and you have to play that way. I hate when I KS a champ as support, but better to kill a champ with no friendly deaths, then wait and hope. (Caveat is that you only do this once or twice and it should be on accident)
I try communicating with things like that if i ever have a problem, but most of the teams I end up with just call me a noob for getting outfarmed/outlaned and tell me if I go out to farm, I'm going to die and then they beg me to stay with the team. =/

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Boots of Mobility are known as gankboots for a very good reason. A jungler or roaming support will get these - their primary contribution to a fight is cc anyway, and gank boots allow them to show up to skirmishes faster.