Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hecate, the Dark Goddess

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

firexx1

01-02-2013

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

darknessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss muahahahahahhahahahaha

The5lacker

01-03-2013

Bumpin'

The5lacker

01-04-2013

Bumpin'

Pumpkin Raven

01-04-2013

I just want to say maybe thinking of a different name. Mostly because Smite is going to come out to the public later this year and if they add Champs to play as like LoL then they'll most likely pull out Hecate, The Greek Goddess of Magic. And if they are like LoL then it might turn into a plageurism thing. You know? So a different name is a suggestion. And also people might think it's just a teeny tiny bit close to Syndra, The Dark Sovereign.

The5lacker

01-04-2013

Quote:
Pumpkin Raven:
I just want to say maybe thinking of a different name. Mostly because Smite is going to come out to the public later this year and if they add Champs to play as like LoL then they'll most likely pull out Hecate, The Greek Goddess of Magic. And if they are like LoL then it might turn into a plageurism thing. You know? So a different name is a suggestion. And also people might think it's just a teeny tiny bit close to Syndra, The Dark Sovereign.

The workings of other games is totally irrelevant to me. I could care less what any game currently or might eventually have.

If the word DARK makes people mistake Hecate for Syndra, there's nothing I can do for them.

The5lacker

01-05-2013

Bumpin'

Gurgifriends

01-05-2013

Quote:
The5lacker:
The workings of other games is totally irrelevant to me. I could care less what any game currently or might eventually have.

If the word DARK makes people mistake Hecate for Syndra, there's nothing I can do for them.

Well, I think his point is, if Smite does come out with that character, then people will think you took the name Hecate from Smite, even if you didn't. I would change the name.

Anachronity

01-05-2013

Consuming Beauty is a bit strong for a targeted spell of that range, especially with the Blood Tribute effect. It does more damage than Ahri's charm at the same range and with the same duration, and it's not even a skillshot. It's also sort of strange for the amount of damage to be based on the duration, since that's 110 + 80% AP ratio at level 5. That's not a lot of damage but that is a very significant ratio. The Blood Tribute effect could also be considered anti-fun, but that's debatable. Even if anti-fun is not a problem it's still very strong.

She's also going to absolutely destroy minion waves with all those static AoE effects.

The health cost on her ultimate is neglegible with all that spell vamp. The primary drawback of her ultimate is that it doesn't do anything by itself.

She would be pretty fair late game with the possible exception of Consuming Beauty, but her laning phase is disgusting. She can eat wave after wave of minions and ignore the enemy champion with her crazy sustain. Morgana got nerfed because she used to be able to do that.

Other than those two problems, this is a pretty cool hero. She looks a little too much like Morgana, but that wouldn't be too hard to fix just by giving her a distinctive particle glow or something.

The5lacker

01-05-2013

Quote:
Anachronity:
Consuming Beauty is a bit strong for a targeted spell of that range, especially with the Blood Tribute effect. It does more damage than Ahri's charm at the same range and with the same duration, and it's not even a skillshot. It's also sort of strange for the amount of damage to be based on the duration, since that's 110 + 80% AP ratio at level 5. That's not a lot of damage but that is a very significant ratio. The Blood Tribute effect could also be considered anti-fun, but that's debatable. Even if anti-fun is not a problem it's still very strong.

She's also going to absolutely destroy minion waves with all those static AoE effects.

The health cost on her ultimate is neglegible with all that spell vamp. The primary drawback of her ultimate is that it doesn't do anything by itself.

She would be pretty fair late game with the possible exception of Consuming Beauty, but her laning phase is disgusting. She can eat wave after wave of minions and ignore the enemy champion with her crazy sustain. Morgana got nerfed because she used to be able to do that.

Other than those two problems, this is a pretty cool hero. She looks a little too much like Morgana, but that wouldn't be too hard to fix just by giving her a distinctive particle glow or something.

I do see your concern for Consuming Beauty, probably going to cut the range down on that a bit to keep it from being quite so competitive with Ahri's, especially given, again, her potent static AoE spells. I'm not overly concerned with it being "unfun" however. Fear, stuns, and charms already exist, and the addition of turning an ally into a threat adds an additional layer of counter-play to it. Allies really won't want to be around their AD carries with her around, which, in turn, means assassins will have an interesting job late game.

Remember, AoE spells only apply 1/3 the normal spellvamp. Her only spell which applies full spellvamp is Consuming Beauty. She has a potent laning phase, for sure, but not quite as insane a sustain early game as you'd think. Her spellvamp comes from low health (making her vulnerable to assassins) and her ult (which only applies late game, beyond the laning phase.)

MonkeyMad123

01-05-2013

yet another great character ive seen from you!
question- what are the hp costs for each (or same cost for all) blood tribute?