Is Mundo a good top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reznorist

12-31-2012

Jungling is my weakest position. Recently my ranked team mates called their lanes and the only thing left was jungling, I told them I was not a good jungler, but as first pick had to pick fast. I picked Mundo, then someone offered to jungle if I topped as Mundo. I did really well, and now when I solo I prefer to solo top as him. BUT almost every game my team mates think I am trolling, or I am going to feed because "he doesn't belong there"

(Passive) Adrenaline Rush
0.3% of his maximum Health each second is regened.
I mean this is part of the reason why Garen is good top with his passive that gives him .5% back, but with Mundo you get it all the time, not just out of combat.

Infected Cleaver
A slow with a percent health, in lane phase you can max either this or Masochism. Depending on your lane opponent. Most tops are also bruisers that will have high health, percent health is amazing against them if you can hit them.

Burning Agony
This is his AOE fire that does damage, and reduces disables. I think it's great at reducing disables, people like Rengar have jumped to me and I turn this on while he flew at me and gave me the upper hand. But the damage is lackluster.

Masochism

Quote:
Increases Attack Damage by (40 / 55 / 70 / 85 / 100) for (5) seconds. Dr. Mundo gains an additional +(0.4 / 0.55 / 0.7 / 0.85 / 1) Attack Damage for each percentage of Health he is missing.
This is my FAVORITE thing about him. While fighting a Garen, I rushed a thornmail, focused this move and while he had some damage items I had as much AD as him while I had a thornmail. Mid game I usually have as much damage as our ADC, as much mitigation as a full tank.

Sadism
Gives you 40%/50%/60% health back over 12 seconds and gains movement speed. Not as good as what it use to be, but still good. Cooldown is always 75 seconds, but it doesn't feel like that much in lane. Lets you stay forever if you grab a couple health pots in between cool downs.

I mean, am I wrong? It is VERY few games that people think I am not trolling. To me it seems like an amazing kit for top. Every champion has something they are weak against, and Mundos is someone with a jump or ranged. But not so much with the ranged factor because of your Infected Cleaver. I am trying to get better at solo, so if I am wrong, let me know. Just trying to "fact" check with you guys.

Deathstalker

12-31-2012

What if I said not really because he has negative sustain

Cruelty

12-31-2012

Mundo is one of the meanest top laners.

NocPat

12-31-2012

He's good top, but you miss out on his unmatched jungling power when you go top.

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

unmatched jungling? he's subpar in everything: simply an old champ.

Liquidone

12-31-2012

His viability top depends on whether or not your opponent brought Ignite.

Lúst

12-31-2012

I had a pretty easy top vs a Mundo with Lee Sin. Most tops have ignite.

Reznorist

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstalker View Post
What if I said not really because he has negative sustain
That makes sense, and I have had times where I cast my Cleaver to much and was killing myself. But with his passive I never have had that much of a problem. I guess Vlad uses health, but he also has lifesteal. That is something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin Paladin View Post
He's good top, but you miss out on his unmatched jungling power when you go top.
Yeah, but I am a terrible jungler, so if someone doesn't pick him for the jungle, why not then!

Nicodemous

12-31-2012

I don't think that it is he is bad top, it is just that their are lots of better choices...

Reznorist

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecstaSTEVE View Post
unmatched jungling? he's subpar in everything: simply an old champ.
How is he subpar? I get more mitigation and as much damage as every other solo. Nice no fact garbage reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidone View Post
His viability top depends on whether or not your opponent brought Ignite.
Ignite has a 210 second cooldown, Mundos ult has a 75 second cooldown. I don't play Mundo where I jump in with a quarter health and begin to ult. Just gotta use your brain there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst View Post
I had a pretty easy top vs a Mundo with Lee Sin. Most tops have ignite.
Yeah jumping is a weakness to Mundo. Even more so against someone with mixed damage.