Rush type "top"!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfenix

12-29-2012

My biggest complain right now about this game is the calling and demanding of roles.

There was a time when people would just pick their champions, and people worked around it. Now, there's a clear meta that makes sense. That's just how it works. What I don't like is how stressful EVERY champion selection is. It really takes away from the enjoyment of the game when if I don't YELL OUT immediately when the screen pops up who I want to play as then I'm simply not allowed to play them, or I get yelled at for picking one of the 20 champions I enjoy. There simply has to be a better way.

Maybe allow players to select preferred rolls before queue? Currently, there is a button that you press to go into champ select. Maybe add a "preferred role" button there as well. You don't HAVE to play that role, but at least people know that that's what you want. Much less stress, and much better manners this way.

devo21an

12-30-2012

Firstly, I believe this is the wrong place for this thread. Secondly, type faster.

Wolfenix

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo21an View Post
Firstly, I believe this is the wrong place for this thread. Secondly, type faster.
While I appreciate your VERY well thought out and constructive response, I believe you are missing the part where this flaw of the game is where a lot of animosity between players starts, and often continues into gameplay itself. Besides, if I want to play top, adc, jungle or whatever role I want, I should actually be allowed to do that. Pretty much every multiplayer game I've ever played with classes/other characters allows me to play whoever I want WITHOUT verbal abuse. I often don't get to in LoL because it takes my laptop a split second slower than the next guy to load the champ select screen.

Secondly, this IS a suggestion to the UI. How is that not in the right section?

Arc Kalocal

12-30-2012

Honestly people rushing for their lane bid doesn't bother me very much. What does bother me is when people are totally silent and don't say anything, even when asked. So when they pick, say a mid/bot champ and you aren't sure whether they plan on going mid or bot you're forced to guess what you should pick. I've had too many games with 3 people going top and no one mid and it's just a headache.

Wolfenix

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Kalocal View Post
Honestly people rushing for their lane bid doesn't bother me very much. What does bother me is when people are totally silent and don't say anything, even when asked. So when they pick, say a mid/bot champ and you aren't sure whether they plan on going mid or bot you're forced to guess what you should pick. I've had too many games with 3 people going top and no one mid and it's just a headache.
I feel ya. I think an actual bid system would help this, too.

Earthmendor

12-31-2012

i would like to see something like that. An example of this would be in World of Warcraft dungeon Queue cause it is essential to call roles for games. In this game it is quite essential to call roles and if the roles are pre-chosen it could also lead to better teams and better games with little hassle. I say before queue have the user select 3 roles that they are comfortable in and let the system try to match people based on the first role chosen (or put a preferred role with 2 alternates). Just my opinion on this topic and sorry for any grammar issues >.<