Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please add "Panic" button

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DWlGHT K SCHRUTE

01-01-2013

@ OP, only problem is people will abuse it for someone who isn't doing the role the other members want.

For instance:
Team- Lux go bot support
Lux- No I want to mid
Team- ban her......
Lux- wtf?

Lux has been removed. You have been placed back into queue.

Tell me it won't happen....

Googlewin

01-01-2013

Quote:
IceCreamSammich:
When in the champ select and someone repeatedly says 'Mid or feed/AFK/Troll", there needs to be some way of escaping a guaranteed loss without having to suffer a penalty. By dodging the loss, we are given a 30/60 min ban while the troll gets to go into queue again. This needs to be addressed. If there is a button placed by the player and it is pressed by 3 or more team mates, that player should be penalized for the 'dodge' timer and the remaining team members should be placed back into the queue. If the ban timers escalate with each time the person is flagged, the it may hinder these trolls.

This will get abused, if top takes a champ that is unpopular the panic button gets hit and he's unjustly penalized. But to just put everyone in queue would be a fine idea

MintyLoL

Recruiter

01-01-2013

upvoted
roit pls

A Rescue Penguin

01-01-2013

i approve, well thought out. however this may need to be disabled when a pre-made group of 3 or more people where they can all just hit the button if they dont like the persons picks/rolecall etc.

The PrimeOne

01-03-2013

I dont usually talk on forums but dealing with this issue has brought me here I do not think it would stifle creativity if you took away the pennalization simply because if your 100% on trying something new that youve tested in a normal game or a bot game that you think can work then your gonna keep trying until you get to do it now if your whole team disagrees with you doing this then A. Either you go into a game with no1 cooperating with you simply because you've done something they consider troll or B. You eventually get into a team that accepts your brazen idea and is actually willing to cooperate if som1 is causing trouble at champ select the whole game is ruined and 20 minutes basically wasted there needs to be some kind of kick option. And if riot is really worried about locking in some kind of meta then why do they create champs/items/changes to the jungle that further support the meta?!??!!!

The PrimeOne

01-03-2013

I know its a mouthful but i have 30 minutes of time to waste saving my team from lost elo because jon doe top or afk then never speak another word was going to troll.

adc

01-03-2013

Quote:
Death Dealer24:
I dont usually talk on forums but dealing with this issue has brought me here I do not think it would stifle creativity if you took away the pennalization simply because if your 100% on trying something new that youve tested in a normal game or a bot game that you think can work then your gonna keep trying until you get to do it now if your whole team disagrees with you doing this then A. Either you go into a game with no1 cooperating with you simply because you've done something they consider troll or B. You eventually get into a team that accepts your brazen idea and is actually willing to cooperate if som1 is causing trouble at champ select the whole game is ruined and 20 minutes basically wasted there needs to be some kind of kick option. And if riot is really worried about locking in some kind of meta then why do they create champs/items/changes to the jungle that further support the meta?!??!!!

It's not that they're worried about locking in the meta, it's that they don't WANT to lock in the meta. As long as the people who play this game competitively - IE the pros and the super high Elo players - truly believe that this meta is the way it'll be played, that's how the game will be balanced. As soon as another way of playing comes along that's better, Riot will need to rebalance the items to fit that.

Riot /could/ conceivably force players to play another way by adding a fifth income source or something like that, but with the current 4 income sources (3 lanes + jungle), I don't see the current meta changing any time soon.

KnightxSScarlett

01-03-2013

When I play LeBlanc, champions are my income source.

TheRealBOBDOLE

01-03-2013

Almost a good idea. This would be abused by players to remove folks who don't agree 100% with someones play style. Since this is still in fact a game, one should not be punishable by ones own peers simply because one disagrees with their play-style or options. For example, i absolutely should not be banned because i pick heal over flash. But i would be because everyone has their own idea of how the game "should" be played. In fact i honestly think i may not get into a game for hours because i would be removed so often over that one summoner spell. Perhaps if the LoL community was more mature. But they are not.